The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old July 12, 2019, 07:35 AM   #1
mikejonestkd

Lee enfield No1 mk1 410 CONVERSION

I have the opportunity to acquire a converted No1 Mk1 and don't know much about them, other than what I can easily find on the internet.

Its a GRI No1 Mk1 made in 1942, then factory converted to a single shot 410 in 1948. The chamber has since been lengthened to 2.5" ( but looks to be rough as the chamber is not smooth )

The bore is bright, the action is smooth, and most of the metal work is still decent. The stock has some of the original finish, but someone sprayed poly on parts of it, and it has rough spots.

Any info and an approx. value would be appreciated
Old July 12, 2019, 03:05 PM   #2
eastbank

I have one in ex condition that I bought at springfield sporters close to 30 years ago I think, it was rechambered to 3" American 410 at springfield sporters. it has no choke, straight cylinder bore and is a good close range varmite- small game shotgun (a little heavy for a 410). I heard people shooting rifled slugs out of them and being pretty accurett with them. value depends in the condition and if it was converted to American 3" 410. collectors will pay more for one in the original 303 shot chambering and shooters will pay more for one converted to the 3" American 410. 300.00-400.00 dollars