The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 19, 2019, 09:29 PM   #1
kmw1954

Wisconsin Greet and Shoot

In the past one of the forums I belong to would have a greet and shoot every year and it was great fun. Only last year when we tried to organize one we only had 6 people show up.

This year I am going to try to do this, only also opening this up to members of a couple other forums.

What I am looking to do is set up an event at McMiller Sports Center in Eagle Wisconsin, http://mcmillersportscenter.com/ and getting to 24 people interested and then reserving the Law Enforcement Range ;http://mcmillersportscenter.com/law-enforcement-range/ Which would isolate us into a private group. This range has 12 lanes out to 100yards and comes with our own Range Safety Officer

So if truly interested in joining in let me know so I can get a feel if there is enough interest with enough people to make it worth while to reserve this range.
Old March 19, 2019, 11:09 PM   #2
CommandoX

Hey kmw1954! If the date is good, I can make it. I'm there twice a week anyway. It'd be nice to meet some other interneters.

The po-po range is pretty nice. I always get jealous when I hear folks rapid firing away over there. Heh.
Old March 20, 2019, 12:05 AM   #3
kmw1954

CommandoX that would be super. Right now I am working with 3 other forums in hopes of getting enough interest to make this feasible. The range has 12 lanes so I was thinking of limiting this to about 24 people so we only have to double up on a lane. In know the open ranges run 15min sessions of hot/cold and I feel we could do the same with a switch each session. If we get more interest than that we can play it by ear but I think 24 would be ideal.

Suggestions on dates is open but remember we will need enough lead time to reserve the range.
Old March 20, 2019, 05:20 PM   #4
stinkeypete

Interested!
Old March 20, 2019, 06:03 PM   #5
buck460XVR

Sounds like fun.....but a tad too far for me(175 mi). Looks like a really nice range.
Old March 20, 2019, 10:04 PM   #6
kmw1954

So far looks like we have 8 very interested.

buck460XVR agreed that would be a road trip. At one time we were looking at here; https://dnr.wi.gov/education/outdoor...biaCounty.html

but just couldn't gather any interest.