The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 16, 2019, 03:20 PM   #1
Rollcrimp1

Rifle Dynamics AKs

Anybody heard of Jim Fuller? Anybody own a RD AK? Your thoughts?
Old February 17, 2019, 09:17 AM   #2
MC 1911

Check out Rob's review on AKOU. Plenty of info on the several AK forums as well. I'm an AK fan but never owned a RD so no opinion to offer good or bad. Good luck!
Old February 17, 2019, 02:57 PM   #3
Sharkbite

I taught with Jim at Front Sight at the beginning. I saw and shot his first build (which was not an AK).

We have stayed in touch throughout his journey and ive been in his shop numerous times.

He and his guys are top notch. I would definitely buy a RD AK if i wanted a top tier AK. His work on Saiga’s is also impressive.

He teamed with Travis Haley on a cpl projects. Travis endorses RD Rifles
Old February 18, 2019, 12:59 AM   #4
Ignition Override

SharkBite: Privyet/hello.
I would love one of his Saigas. If Rifle Dynamics keeps a Saiga's original barrel, action, bolt and bolt carrier, you have an AK variation that is still much more Russian than most in the US. Nyet?

Any of his AKs would be very cool to own, but after buying four AKs (all imported brands) with no plans to sell any, I can't justify RD prices, but am glad that many guys can.
Old February 18, 2019, 03:08 PM   #5

Wow, nice AKs.

Ooooh, but the pricing...two and quarter grand for a stamped (admittedly, and expertly, modified) Saiga? Nope....
Old February 21, 2019, 09:27 PM   #6
bamaranger

PSL's

At one time I was giggles and grins over the PSL rifle, and R/D and FULLER were doing overhauls on that platform to render an improved product. I dunno if they still work on PSL's or not, but at they time they had some names like YEAGER touting their work.
Old March 3, 2019, 01:05 AM   #7
MagnumWill

I've shot my friend's RD AK74. I was pretty impressed with it. Again, my time with it was somewhat limited but it's trigger caught me off guard with how good it was. If I had the cash I'd get one and be totally happy with it.
Old March 3, 2019, 10:57 AM   #8
TBM900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollcrimp1 View Post
Anybody heard of Jim Fuller? Anybody own a RD AK? Your thoughts?
I own a couple from before their prices went insane. Very nice builds with a decent amount of work put into them, but not worth the current price IMO. For that kind of money I would (and do) choose an early import AK variant, just as reliable and will hold value much MUCH better even if you shoot the snot out of it.

A question for you would be....What are your plans & goals for such a rifle?

Tags
ak rifles