The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 17, 2019, 01:37 AM   #1
Skarekrow88

Suppressing a Yugo M92

My girlfriend just picked up a M92 PAP pistol for me at a LGS the other day. I plan to SBR it and got to thinking I'd like to be able to suppress it without having to alter the firearm (i.e. have it re-threaded) if at all possible. I have a stamp for a SiCo Hybrid 46 on the way that should be here in or around June. While looking around on usmachinegun.com I came across this thread adapter for the M92 and wondered if it would be suitable for either attaching my Hybrid 46 using the 5/8x24 direct thread mount that it comes with or (if need be/for ease of use) attaching one of SiCo's ASR muzzle devices to the thread adapter and mounting the suppressor to it using SiCo's ASR mount. I have read that barrel concentricity is an issue with suppressing M92's but I was hoping that maybe with the SiCo Hybrid 46 being a .46 multi-cal suppressor that I might avoid that issue.

I came across a video where using the SiCo Hybrid 5/8x24 direct thread onto the thread adapter from usmachinegun.com seemed to work well for this guy unless he's unknowingly ruining his suppressor in doing so.

Thoughts?
Old March 17, 2019, 08:39 AM   #2
Mobuck

First suggestion is to determine w/o a doubt that your muffler is capable of handling a 10" barrel 7.62x39. The "handgun capable" baffles may not be happy with a short barrel.
I have a Harvestor 30 cal that while it's a big unit capable of handling .308 Win in a 20"+ barrel is NOT rated for supersonic 300AAC ammo from a 10.5" barrel.