The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old April 20, 2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Blue Duck

Warning: Lawman Leather

I guess this is a Warning/Rant/etc.

Do not order a Lawman Leather Dirty Harry shoulder Holster from Lawman Leather, unless you are willing to wait till maybe forever to get it.

I ordered one last Feb 2010, and of course they wanted my money up front, with a 20 week wait time. Well, it's now been 60 weeks and still no holster, and they refuse to refund my money.

They are full of excusses for the delays, and have promised me just 5 more weeks on several occasions, then I call them back, and it's the same thing again. They are pretty smart about getting your money up front, then promising 20 weeks, as 3 months is a long as you can go back on your credit card to get your money back.

They won't even look up you account to actually tell you where you are in the line up. They give you every excuse in the book. And I am not the only one, just do a search on them, I know I wish I had before I handed over my money.

Anyway, I have held off on blasting them on the internet, but I have had it, and I also don't what anyone else having to deal with this issue. This company advertizes in Guns and Ammo, and has an impressive website, but their business practices are terrible, and I wonder if I will ever see my holster, and they will not refund your money, either.
Old April 20, 2011, 10:40 PM   #2
wildphilhickup

You can do something

1 - Contact the USPS and file a compliant.

2 - Contact the AG for their state of residence and file a complaint.

3 - Your credit card company should refund you your $$$, as you NEVER received the item. File a dispute.

4 - For a company to delay shipment beyond 30 days, they must obtain your okay in writing. Otherwise, they are bound by law to refund your $$$.

5 - Contact the BBB in their state and complain.

6 - Contact G&A and complain.

Good Luck!
Old April 20, 2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Blue Duck

Good advice, I am going to do some of that.
Old April 20, 2011, 10:52 PM   #4
wildphilhickup

Good 4 U

Good.

I have had to do the same. I sent Coyote Cap a $50.00 deposit for an 1887 Lever Action Shotgun. They stated the price would be ~$400. 3 years later they wine and wine and raise the price to ~$650 for the gun. They refuse to refund my $$$. It has been ~6 years now and still no gun or $$$ for me.
We have a written contract. I gave them $50, and they promised the gun for ~$400. The Minnesota AG and the USPS is after them. LOL!
Old April 21, 2011, 12:09 AM   #5
Dave Cole

Well I guess the moral of this story is not to pay up front.I have seen more customers get ripped off by paying up front, especially when the product has a long lead time.I can see a small deposit to secure the order but a large deposit or total up front is wrong.The only time a larger deposit may be needed is when a high end material needs to be ordered or it is a very custom model which would be hard to sell to another person.Dave
Old April 21, 2011, 12:54 AM   #6
ClydeFrog

Make his day!...

To my knowledge, the main owner/CEO of www.LawmanLeatherGoods.com is a member of the forum.
I'd find him, send a PM & say; what's the dil-e-o? Or what's the Dilly-bar?

60 weeks does seem a shad long for a leather holster....
Old April 21, 2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Sixer

I'm sure they are busy over at Lawman Leather, but 60 WEEKS

Didn't Noah build the Ark in about 60 weeks!?

Seriously though, it's time you got a refund, a free holster, or a VERY good explanation.

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Old April 21, 2011, 04:55 PM   #8
Blue Duck

I found my receipt sent to me from URSULA at Lawman Leather Goods, and I purchased it on Feb 25, 2010

They actually promised me a 28 week delivery, which they showed to be Sept 7, 2010 but I have had several verbal promises since then.

Does anyone know what handle the owner goes by, on here if he is a member?
Old April 21, 2011, 05:11 PM   #9
Don H

http://thefiringline.com/forums/member.php?u=73983
Old April 21, 2011, 06:18 PM   #10
Blue Duck

Thanks, Don
Old April 21, 2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Blue Duck

http://smith-wessonforum.com/conceal...her-goods.html

I guess I am not the only sucker that bought into this scam
Old April 21, 2011, 06:48 PM   #12
ohen cepel

Sorry to hear about that pain!

I have a nice old Lawman Holster that I would like to part with if you want one quick. PM me if interested.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Old April 21, 2011, 08:42 PM   #13
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
3 - Your credit card company should refund you your $$$, as you NEVER received the item. File a dispute.
That would be my first step. I'd also contact the BBB on this one. Good luck getting your cash back or at least trying to make their life a little tougher.
Old April 21, 2011, 11:56 PM   #14
NWdude83

I always take the childish route when something is taking not just long, but too long. I threaten to bash them on every forum I can possibly find. But whatever works for you.
Old April 22, 2011, 10:50 AM   #15
precision_shooter

Lawman Leather hasn't had any activity on this site since Dec., 2008. Don't think it will do much good to send them a PM or anything through this site...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old October 2, 2011, 07:17 AM   #16
226x6

Jimmy Ardolino who now runs lawman leather in conjunction with Jerry can be reached on the following number. Beware though he is his fathers son!
7025889583 and full of uneventful promises like his father.
Old December 23, 2011, 06:16 PM   #17
Daggitt

Contact Guns and Ammo too. Most magazines police their advertisers. Be sure to point out you saw the merchant's ad in Guns and Ammo. Hit him where it hurts.
Old December 23, 2011, 10:22 PM   #18
FTG-05

I've been following the Smith-Wesson forum thread for quite some time.

What massive POSs for fleecing so many gun owners for so long.

Don't order from them.
Old June 22, 2014, 03:57 PM   #19
Ninja Bob

My Experience With Wild Guns Leather

Folks, I have read a lot of bad press in relation to Wild Guns Leather and Jerry Ardolino. I don't wish to become involved in the singular complaints that you seem to be having, I only wanted to put across my own individual experience.
I am a shooter based in the United Kingdom and own, among other guns, a Smith and Wesson Model 29. I looked long and hard for a 'decent' holster and of course was continuously directed towards the 'Original Dirty Harry' holster sold and distributed by Jerry Ardolino and his (at that time) Lawman Leather company. I researched for a period of time and read the negative press on him, however I also found that there was also an element of positive press(I believe in the expression that 'you are only as good as your last mistake' i.e. you can do a 100 things right and nobody cares but you will be remembered for 1 mistake). I contacted the company and was surprised to find that I was speaking to Mr Ardolino himself. After a discussion where I explained my concerns i.e. the upfront payment and no possibility of being able to 'call round' if I didn't receive my holster etc. Jerry assured me (of course as any salesman would) that I would receive my holster and reluctantly, I placed my order which came with the 20 week order time.
Of course the 20 weeks came and went and I decided to contact Jerry to see where we were. At this time I learnt that Lawman Leather was no more and there was a contact number for Wild Guns which I used, got no reply, I left a message (feeling sick in the stomach) and dare I say it, I didn't expect a reply. A day or so later I received a call from Jerry Ardolino and of course he explained that there was a delay due to various reasons, that he had not forgotten me and that I would still be receiving my holster. More months passed and another call again answered by Jerry and further reassurance. Jerry would not be tied down to a specific date but a few weeks later and out of the blue, my holster arrived in the post. Needless to say I was delighted, I don't believe I need to go into the quality etc. any picture speaks for itself. The point being and I can only speak for myself, Jerry never once avoided me, returning my calls when he could have ignored me and ultimately providing me with a first class top quality holster that I'm certain I would go a long way to find better.
I agree that there may be better ways of him doing his business and I'm not trying to right any wrongs for the rest of you, but with patience, my experience is that he won't let you down.
Old January 28, 2018, 09:56 AM   #20
Richard Jacquot

2018 update on Wild Guns Leather and Lawman Leather goods. The same BS is still going on with these crooks! I am a retired police officer in North Carolina and was unfortunate enough to not see any of these forums and complaints before sending this “business” over $400 for a holster. A year and a half later, no holster, numerous excuses that have devolved into nasty belligerent voice messages left on my answering machine and numerous nasty emails from the business. All because I asked for a shipping date, once that could not be provided, I asked for a refund, things went downhill from there. Last excuse was “the item was shipped, but it has been longer than 6 months, so the post office cannot track it” Sound familiar?

I have filed complaints with the FBI, Texas Attorney General, North Carolina Attorney General and the BBB. Before you order ANYTHING from Wild Guns Leather Co. or Lawman Leather Goods, I suggest you read the following pages compiled from online gun forums and the “F” Rating from the BBB.

https://www.bbb.org/central-texas/bu...and-complaints

https://thefiringline.com/forums/arc...?t-448806.html

https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...s-c413762.html

https://www.complaintboard.com/lawma...ods-l2677.html

http://smith-wessonforum.com/conceal...#post135780596

http://smith-wessonforum.com/conceal...her-goods.html

Buyer Beware!!!