The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 17, 2017, 12:29 PM   #1
LBussy

Multiquote?

Is there a way to quote multiple posts at the same time?
Old December 17, 2017, 01:07 PM   #2
Evan Thomas

I recommend reading the sticky thread at the top of this forum, How do I quote from a post? It explains how to do pretty much everything you can do with quotes here.
Old December 17, 2017, 02:30 PM   #3
LBussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Thomas View Post
I recommend reading the sticky thread at the top of this forum, How do I quote from a post? It explains how to do pretty much everything you can do with quotes here.
I read that sir, I was hoping there was something that was not explained - perhaps an "advanced" move.

I've been quoting multiple posts in the same response manually, but I think it could add a lot if such a feature were implemented. In other forums I've seen it where you could click what is the "quick reply" feature here, on each of the posts which you would like quoted in your response. You could then reply to or comment easily on multiple posts.

I did a Google search of the site and was able to find a reference in the FAQ where it says this is possible, but it does not seem to be an active feature since the multiquote button () is not visible to me. Of course I may have a feature turned off somewhere but if so I don't know where to turn it on.
Old December 17, 2017, 04:36 PM   #4
JohnKSa
Staff

The automatic quote (and multiquote) is disabled to try to prevent posts from looking like this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBussy
Multiquote?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to quote multiple posts at the same time?
Originally Posted by Evan Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Thomas View Post

I read that sir, I was hoping there was something that was not explained - perhaps an "advanced" move.

I've been quoting multiple posts in the same response manually, but I think it could add a lot if such a feature were implemented. In other forums I've seen it where you could click what is the "quick reply" feature here, on each of the posts which you would like quoted in your response. You could then reply to or comment easily on multiple posts.

I did a Google search of the site and was able to find a reference in the FAQ where it says this is possible, but it does not seem to be an active feature since the multiquote button () is not visible to me. Of course I may have a feature turned off somewhere but if so I don't know where to turn it on.
Old December 17, 2017, 05:35 PM   #5
LBussy

Ah, okay. Well I'm disappointed but I'll live with it. Thanks for the reply.