The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 11, 2016, 08:08 PM   #1
Cheapshooter

Eye relief ???? Ruger Charger

Thinking about scratching one item off my short list. With a new Charger Take Down.
I'm a bit uncertain about optics though. I would like something tgat will fit in the case still atteched, or at least somehow fitted in the case.
My first thought was a reflex, or red dot. Next consideration was a Leepers UTG 3-9X32 Compact CQB Bug Buster. But the listed eye relief is listed at only 4.2" max. The final option would be a EER pistol scope similar to what I have on several Contender barrels.
Just wonering how others like crowding up a little on a handgun like the Charger with a shorter eye relief scope.
The main purpose is paper punching, can jumping, and taking care of an occasional attacking bushy tailed critter.
Not wanting to spend the same, or more on optics that I do on the gun.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old January 11, 2016, 09:21 PM   #2
Rembrandt

Went with a Sight Mark and modified the base to get it lower on the receiver. Wanted something that would slip into carry case without removal. Eye relief not an issue.

Old January 12, 2016, 11:31 AM   #3
Pahoo

You do have options

Quote:
Just wonering how others like crowding up a little on a handgun like the Charger with a shorter eye relief scope.
Not a problem either way. I have mounted RedDots and rifle scopes on these and find that I can easily work with both. I have adopted some special holds when shooting rifle scopes and on the RedDots, really makes no difference. These chargers are a lot of fun to shoot and my biggest problem, is that I don't shoot them enough. I do get better performance when using rifle scopes....

Hope I don't confuse you and;
Be Safe !!!