The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 30, 2016, 03:58 PM   #1
noelf2

Gun show today, not bad!

Went to the Fredericksburg VA gunshow today. Amazed that it was so dead in there. Dealers and sellers were willing to negotiate, a lot. Anyway, I did something I never intended to do and picked up a ROA, blued, in unfired condition. Really, it doesn't have a blemish save for a slight cylinder ring, and must have been a safe queen. Also talked a dealer down on an NAA Super Companion, new, with all the tools and a bag of bullets. The weird thing is that both were dealers and insisted on background checks for the cap and ball guns. Whatever.
Old October 30, 2016, 04:37 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

I think the lack of activity is a reflection of the poor state of the economy. Unless there is another panic, I wouldn't put money into fyre-arms for "investment" purposes.
Old October 30, 2016, 04:41 PM   #3
Pahoo

Oh yes, it happens and sometimes, confusing !!!

Quote:
The weird thing is that both were dealers and insisted on background checks for the cap and ball guns. Whatever.
They are just trying to follow their CYA program, especially on the ROA. I've had sellers that would only ship, MMLs to my local FFL - Dealer. ......
Can get somewhat confusing but a convicted felon cannot purchase or own, any firearm, sometimes. I know of a man that is not even allowed to own any ammunition. I live in Iowa and sometimes go to GS's in Illinois. Some dealers will not allow me to handle any firearm without an FOID card !!! Just take comfort in the deals your got.

Be Safe !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; October 30, 2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old October 30, 2016, 05:02 PM   #4
Pahoo

Time will tell !!!

Quote:
I wouldn't put money into fyre-arms for "investment" purposes.
I think that I am still fairly safe with my SideLock M/Ls; I think

Be Safe !!!
Old October 30, 2016, 08:16 PM   #5
45 Dragoon

We need to quit calling c&b revolvers "firearms " since they aren't defined as such. Next thing you know they'll be calling this country a democracy!!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks