The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 27, 2016, 01:04 PM   #1
4V50 Gary
Staff

Cultural Event for those interested in longrifles

Gentlemen (and ladies). We gravitate toward higher circles and our kind may not only be found at the range or basement where we tinker away to our hearts content (or frustration), we also frequent museums to study the exhibits. There's a talk coming up in Nov. 5 at the Charlotte Museum of History (3500 Shamrock Drive, Charlotte, NC, 28215, ph: 704-568-1774 or email: [email protected] ). Talk runs from 10 am to 3 pm.

Saturday, 5 November for a seminar on the Longrifle Makers of the Mecklenburg School. A panel of experts - Michael Briggs, Kenneth Orr, Bill Ivey, Robert Leath, Blake Stevenson and others - will discuss these local craftsmen and display the 19 known rifles from the Mecklenburg School.

Cost is $35 for Members, $40 for the Public and includes continental breakfast and a box lunch.

I will not be attending (too long of a commute).
Old October 30, 2016, 10:13 AM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

I'm calling the museum on Monday to order the book. I want it autographed.
Old October 31, 2016, 06:50 AM   #3
foolzrushn

gary

Don't think your OP mentioned a book (paperback or hardcover, illustrated or not, whose, about what, cost, will they sign and send, shipping?)

Not to criticize....just thought others may also be interested in the book details, and if you know the details, it would save them asking the same questions.

certified 'soap welder'
Old October 31, 2016, 09:18 AM   #4
4V50 Gary
Staff

Good point. The book is Gunmakers of Mecklenburg and the speaker is the author and other experts on the topic. Cost is $40 plus postage $$$. I'm contacting Tracy Ryals to have her get me my autographed copy.

They're closed on Sun-Mon and I'll have to call tomorrow.