The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 21, 2019, 08:38 AM   #1
Road_Clam

Berry's bullets where are they ?

What's going on ? I visited two of my typically well stocked LGS's and BOTH had absolutely nothing for bulk Berry's bullets. I was looking to replenish 9mm 124's. There was a few 1K boxes of the oddball bullets such as .355/147g, .355 / 100gr and .401 / 165's Is this just a localized shortage in my area ?
Old July 21, 2019, 01:06 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

I buy directly from Berry's -- I don't think there's a gun shop in my state that has ever stocked Berry's bullets. Why not ask the shop what happened?
Old July 21, 2019, 01:34 PM   #3
74A95

https://www.berrysmfg.com/products/p...plated-bullets
Old July 21, 2019, 04:08 PM   #4
AgedWarrior

You might also try Graf’s, they are sometimes cheaper than going direct to Berry’s..
Old July 21, 2019, 04:37 PM   #5
Old 454

Go to Everglades ammo. Just picked up 2k 124 gr. Plated for 155.00 shiped
Old July 21, 2019, 07:19 PM   #6
Nick_C_S

My LGS (Sportsmen's Warehouse) stocks Berry's. I was in there about a week ago, but didn't bother to look. Also, here in California, we seem to be having a bit of a "mini shortage" on components. I guess the new ammo purchase law may be having an effect (background check required for ammo purchases - I feel safer already). Point is, here in Ca, results may not be typical.

At any rate, my primary reason for chiming in is to ask: Have you considered X-treme bullets? They are all I purchase for plated (except one Rainier product). Great website. Prompt order fulfillment and delivery. Fair prices. Their bullets arrive in nice boxes, and super shiny (probably ultrasonically cleaned just before shipping). I'm very pleased with X-treme bullets. And I shoot a lot of plated.
Old July 21, 2019, 07:33 PM   #7
MarkGlazer

gunbot.net has multiple 9m listings; Cabelas, Natchez and Powder Valley (I use them as a barometer for cost purposes)
Old July 22, 2019, 08:42 AM   #8
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_C_S
My LGS (Sportsmen's Warehouse) stocks Berry's. I was in there about a week ago, but didn't bother to look. Also, here in California, we seem to be having a bit of a "mini shortage" on components. I guess the new ammo purchase law may be having an effect (background check required for ammo purchases - I feel safer already). Point is, here in Ca, results may not be typical.

At any rate, my primary reason for chiming in is to ask: Have you considered X-treme bullets? They are all I purchase for plated (except one Rainier product). Great website. Prompt order fulfillment and delivery. Fair prices. Their bullets arrive in nice boxes, and super shiny (probably ultrasonically cleaned just before shipping). I'm very pleased with X-treme bullets. And I shoot a lot of plated.

I've actually delt with X-Treme pistol bullets in the past, great experience, I typically like to try and support local if I can first, but in this case where they have nothing plan "B" is purchase online.
Old July 22, 2019, 08:57 AM   #9
mrdaputer

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...ted-round-nose

I think they still have free shipping going on with promo code
Old July 22, 2019, 10:41 AM   #10
pete2

Mr. Clam, why are you not ordering directly from Berry's? I used to buy direct from Berry's, had to go elsewhere due to availability and never went back to Berry, the only plated bullets I use are for 9MM and I found that I can't tell the difference between Berrys and any of 4 or 5 other brands so now I buy on price and availability. RMR has really good prices on jacketed bullets and I have some of them to test.
Old July 22, 2019, 10:58 AM   #11
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete2
Mr. Clam, why are you not ordering directly from Berry's?
Read post #8.
Old July 22, 2019, 02:40 PM   #12
Nick_C_S

Quote:
I typically like to try and support local if I can first
Me too. I agree.

That's why I'm really glad to be so close to RCBS
Old July 22, 2019, 02:40 PM   #13
FrankenMauser

If you want to know why your local retailer doesn't have Berry's in stock, as your local retailer.
Old July 23, 2019, 06:46 AM   #14
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FramkenMauser
If you want to know why your local retailer doesn't have Berry's in stock, as your local retailer.
I did ask. I was told "This is our slow sales season, and we're waiting on our supplier"
Old July 23, 2019, 01:06 PM   #15
kmw1954

Slow Season?

A friend and I went to the range in Eagle Wis. Sunday. They have a 25yd, 50yd., 100yd., 200yd., and 300yd. ranges along with trap/clays. We were there from 9am to about 3pm and the whole time all ranges were full. Especially the 25 and 50yd ranges. So I don't understand their Slow!