The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 9, 2020, 03:29 PM   #1
HighValleyRanch

Browning Hi Power project

This resulted from a trade with a good friend of mine that has a home auto repair business. Work on my old GMC pickup for a set of grips and a holster for his Browning Hi Power. Mostly he just wanted something I made.

Holster was for field carry on his ATV, so we decided on OWB with a retention strap. I had already made one for his daughters Buckmark. He wanted something fancy.

The grips were from some burled black walnut I had around. Hi Power grips are not the easiest to make from scratch! Different step level inletting.

I love trades. We both ended up with something.

This is the Hi Power that has that type of Cylinder and Slides "fast shooting safety kit" that I described in another thread. When the hammer is back on a loaded chamber, you can press the back of the hammer and it will lower to half notch and the saftey will up engage. Press the safety down when the hammer is down, and the safety comes off while cocking the hammer back for the first shot. Pretty neat setup as you would normall disengage the safety any ways on cocked and lock but provides an extra margin of safety.

If you look closely at the mag release, pressing down on that lever will result also in dropping the mag from the right side. I had never see this before either. Being handy, he did all the action and internal work himself, and bought the kit much cheaper from another company than Cylinder and Slide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wahl's Browning and holster copy.jpg (289.3 KB, 184 views)
Old December 9, 2020, 05:05 PM   #2
Whirlwind06

Looks great!
Old December 10, 2020, 04:24 PM   #3
jonnyc

Thanks, I couldn't figure out what was with the right side of the mag release.