The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Closed Thread

Old March 12, 2011, 04:01 PM   #26
g.willikers

It's probably not an issue as whether or not to advertise the laws concerning muzzle loaders.
Folks who are interested in them, and will buy them, no doubt already know that.
And folks who don't know the lack of laws about them, more than likely aren't particularly interested in them anyway.
Merchandise them so that when folks walk into the store, they see the history and adventure associated with these historical firearms.
The best looking guns impressively displayed on the walls, maybe.
Lots of large posters and prints of scenes of them in use.
Scenes of the great western migration, the mountain men, buffalo hunters, Indian wars, the Civil War, the post war cowboys, outlaws and lawmen, for examples.
Include scenes of modern muzzle loading hunting and competitions from reenactor and Friendship events.
Sell the adventure first, then the gun.
Old March 12, 2011, 06:14 PM   #27
Hardy

Mule I,m in Spartanburg. [email protected]

Thanks everyone. Great stuff and great advise. What we are doing is not ordering from Cabellas unless someone wants one. I'm trying to get good prices on Ubertis and Piettas from Pietta or Traditions. One thing I can do is good Uberties and sell them to you at a lower price. I won't make much but that's ok. But I do have a line on 3rd gen colts that are fresh, no cracks in boxes and white shipping box. If you want some contact me--especially on 51 navys etc and also boxes, accessories too. The 3rds are pretty and they do say Colt w/ no Black powder only stamped on them

I thought about in adds using the no FFL or Atf stuff but I I'm afraid I might open to large of a can of worms or snakes that might come back to bite me. Even though I'm In Sc and confederate reenactors come---I don't fly a rebel flag at store. This world and doing biz at this time makes you very gun shy when you wish to be more trigger happy. Oh well keep up the ideas
Old March 12, 2011, 06:18 PM   #28
Hardy

Dang it I meant the 3rds do not say BP only. Most of you know that. For a few bucks more buy one or 2 since they don't make them anymore! Investments I do believe them to be. For prices contact me at [email protected] since I won't post them here.

WBHICKUP
Old March 12, 2011, 06:20 PM   #29
kilog55

you might want to space out your email addy, or atleast spell at and dot, thats how scammers get your address.
Old March 12, 2011, 07:57 PM   #30
Hardy

Well, I guess I'm naive or too trustworthy to folks on this thread. I always liked them or y'all and everyone has helped me. I never thought about trolls or scammers ever coming on this thread since we are a very small group that are interested in things 99 % of all others could care less about-- our old 6 guns. Who is this guy?? Do I need to reinforce my firewall over this
Old March 12, 2011, 08:01 PM   #31
junkman_01

Hardy,

Funny how the troll warned you of scammers? ?
Old March 12, 2011, 08:13 PM   #32
Hardy

And another thing. I believe all gun prices I quoted over last 6 months were too underpriced if I was trying to make money. Look on BP for sell thread and see what my price is on a NIB Uberti 36navy and see if this about money. I put my email address out to my friends on this and I get more pleasure in selling something making 15 dollars just because I want to. Its a hobby and ability to offer some folks guns at a better price than elsewhere. Some I can't do, but our customers never complained on the price--that is--yet.
Old March 12, 2011, 08:18 PM   #33
Hardy

Thanks JM. So now what?
Old March 12, 2011, 08:20 PM   #34
kilog55

yeah sorry im no troll or spammer unlike junkman that posts nothing worthwhile

it's very common on internet forums including myspace, facebook, twitter etc, just trying to help ya out. take it for what its worth it happens all the time and some forums moderators will even edit your posts if you post a full email address like you did.
Old March 12, 2011, 08:31 PM   #35
Hardy

Kilog

Maybe some folks here would like you to share some of your blackpowder shooting experiences and why you are interested in BP shooting and your B/P guns. Do you have some special ones with pics to show? We love pics

WILD BILLY HICKUP
Old March 12, 2011, 08:45 PM   #36
4V50 Gary
Staff

Time out everyone.

Be civil - always.

OP is invited to start a new thread.