The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old June 18, 2017, 12:27 AM   #401
Jeff22

USPSA has a new Pistol Caliber Carbine category.

I have a Colt R6430 9mm carbine that I bought back in 1992. I've mostly used it as a sub-caliber trainer for my AR-15s, and I can shoot it on the indoor range and on steel plates without worrying about damaging the backstop or the plates.

I shot my first sanctioned USPSA match with it yesterday morning. This match had a lot of longer field course type stages. I really enjoyed shooting the carbine, though I felt just a little bit awkward a few times from being a little rusty.

I'm going to continue shooting the PCC through the summer so I can get classified.
Old June 18, 2017, 09:05 AM   #402
Don P

Quote:
I'm going to continue shooting the PCC through the summer so I can get classified.
PCC is still provisional and I have heard nothing with regards to it becoming a permanent division. There was talk about it being a totally separate discipline. Clubs have had to alter props used because of the PCC shooters.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old June 19, 2017, 10:30 AM   #403
RickB

I learned that 20yd shots with an IDPA-legal BUG gun are not easy.

I also learned that if I were even just a little more precise, I would have shot an Expert score, which I'd done only once before on the old, 90rd classifier in almost twenty years of annual reclassification.
Old October 17, 2017, 12:21 PM   #404
otasan

Bowling pin shooting - don't forget to blacken your sights.
Old December 2, 2017, 07:36 AM   #405
Jeff22

I've got 3 classifiers in in the Pistol Caliber Carbine division. I should have a provisional classification after the December match.

I have one classifier in in the Carry Optics division (with a borrowed gun). Getting classified in CO will be my next project after I get classified in PCC.

I am, once again and always, amazed at the number of guys who reload, and their guns malfunction at the match and they're surprised. Until you are familiar with the intricacies of setting Over All Length (OAL) and taper crimping and stuff, use factory ammo for matches and save yourself some aggravation . . .
Old December 2, 2017, 09:13 AM   #406
TXAZ

HAVE FUN!!!

.50 BMG: 1 Shot 1 THRILL!