The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 13, 2010, 10:43 AM   #1
KMO

Starbucks OK with 2A?

It's probably being driven by their new business partnership with Bass Pro Shops, but Starbucks (Yes, Starbucks) has been resisting efforts by the anti-gun Left to have the company come out against guns and those who lawfully carry them. Starbucks has, instead, taken a "no comment" position, which might sound a little weak, but it really isn't. Known more for catering to the sandal-clad tie-dye crowd, Starbucks has apparently realized that there are plenty of good old-fashioned Second Amendment-believing coffee-drinking customers out there, and the company does not want to alienate them. Even though I've never really been much for the "foo-foo" coffee drinks, I told Starbucks in my message below that as long as they will stand firm, I'll go visit their stores and sip a Latte Grande or two. Let 'em know how you feel about it...KMO

Quote:
I just want to commend Starbucks for not catering exclusively to customers of left-leaning political opinions. Specifically, I've become aware of the fact that Starbucks is taking no public position on the issue of guns and the Second Amendment. In other words, your company is standing behind existing laws and choosing not to politicize them. Good for you! I'm a law-abiding citizen that believes firmly in the 2A right for US citizens. I appreciate Starbucks not interfering with that right. In fact, I plan to go out of my way to visit your stores as a way of expressing my appreciation. And, I plan to share my feelings with many others that hold a similar view as my own. I hope Starbucks recognizes the bump in sales, and why it will be occurring. Latte Grandes, all around boys!
Old February 18, 2010, 11:06 PM   #2
ClayInTx

I emailed a commendation to them. Thanks for the info.
Old February 19, 2010, 01:54 AM   #3
johnwilliamson062

Posted a week or so ago.

"Foo-foo" coffee drinks...
Go in and ask for a double shot of espresso straight. If you think it is foo foo come back and let me know.
Old February 19, 2010, 10:45 AM   #4
TMUSCLE1

Quote:
I'll go visit their stores and sip a Latte Grande or two. Let 'em know how you feel about it...KMO
It's Grande Latte...I only know because I worked there when I was a teen. Just so you don't get a funny stare when you order that latte.

Quote:
"Foo-foo" coffee drinks...
Go in and ask for a double shot of espresso straight. If you think it is foo foo come back and let me know.
Here here! When I worked there, part of the training was that you had two weeks so sample EVERYTHING in the store. Including frappe's, :barf: and all of their sweet calorie laden pastries. When I was to try the espresso I was dared to take a double of it. I don't think I slept for the next 24hrs after that! Good times. Had one guy take two doubles in one shift...that wasn't a pretty sight.