The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 31, 2019, 05:27 PM   #1
libiglou

reflex sight a ruger mk2

Hey Guys

My Ruger mk2 pistol has been kind of retired since I got a nelson conversion with a dedicated frame that has had trigger work. Its an amazing pistol and frankly as good as the ruger is, does not compare to the nelson. I can't bear to sell it. It was the second pistol I bought back in my 20's (25 years ago) and it has served me well with over 50k rounds fired. So with all this in mind I have decided to mount a reflex sight on it to bring it back from retirement since My eyes are not the same anymore. The question for you guys is; what is the best method to mount a dot ?Some have taken the slide to a gunsmith for drilling others have taken off the current sight and added bases to the sight hole but the sight looks like a pain to remove and what do I do with the front sight. My 2 sight contenders are the burris fast fire and the venom viper. Any ideas would be appreciated Thanks all.