The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 16, 2008, 05:36 PM   #1
keys85

Flitz Brass Polish

Picked up a bottle of Flitz and I am testing it out in my vibrating tumbler. Seems to work well.

I would like to know how often do you usually add a capfull or two to the media? It says to add a bit to rejuvenate the media when needed. I usually run my brass in there about 8 hours (I hear that some people go overnight, others about an hour) so treated media or not, I have no idea if the brass would come out as clean if the media were treated or not. In any sense, the majority of my brass is brass that is cleaned and fired once, but every once in a while I'll put in a load of heavy tarnished brass that's been outside a while. I usually load no more than 3/4 of a load into the tumbler.

Do you add the flitz every batch, or is it more like every 3-4 batches, or more along the lines of every 10 batches, or more?
Old December 16, 2008, 06:16 PM   #2
The Lovemaster

I add a capful of NuFinish car polish about every other load. I run each load about seven hours. Brass comes out shinier than when it was new.