The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 6, 2019, 08:36 AM   #1
PKY

Rifle/Slug Sights for a Mossberg Shockwave?

Hey guys. I haven't posted on here in years. Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I just noticed "The Skunkworks" part. Anyway..

I bought a Schockwave recently and want to trick it out just for the hell of it. I understand I'll be fine with just a front sight but I think the rifle sights look cool. I'm just a special snowflake like that. Plus the guy from Suarez Tactical says they are perfect for these types of "not a shotgun's".
I really didn't think they would be this hard to find. I don't want ghost rings. Big Dot makes them for the 870's but not 590's. Same with Suarez apparently. Is there some huge difference between the tops of the barrels or something? I'd never paid attention. It's not something a gun smith would be able to pull off? I just figured they drill a hole and weld or something. Any insight is appreciated.

-Since this is purely aesthetic I'm not super interested in the Williams Firesights or the TruGlos. But if you've had good luck with them and want to post about it feel free.

Last edited by PKY; May 6, 2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old May 6, 2019, 01:13 PM   #2
T. O'Heir

"...just for the hell of it..." Make this bigger.
However, there's not much point, no pun intended, in rifle sights of a big kid's toy that's meant to be pointed.
You might be able to put a ghost ring(large diameter peep) on it for more accurate pointing though. William's Gunsights. They're not stupid expensive either.
https://williamsgunsight.com/product...ire-sight-set/