The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old June 24, 2009, 08:43 PM   #1
7jinxed7

Jukar made in Spain Whats average value?

I know nothing about blackpowder guns.I inherited this rifle with matching pistol.Appears to be around a .45 caliber.All I see on the rifle is Jukar made in spain.It has a hexagon barrel,appears to use a cap to ignite.I am planning on selling this rifle and a Traditions Fox River Fifty.What can I expect to get out of these rifles.I have no desire to shoot these rifles ,so I would rather see it in the hands of someone who enjoy it.
Old June 24, 2009, 09:18 PM   #2
mykeal

The main issue is condition of the bore. Knowledgeable buyers (the kind of people who will use it) will pay well for a barrel in good condition, as opposed to a cosmetically pretty stock or blued finish on the metal.

After that, there are details that can make a big difference. The caliber will be stamped on the barrel and needs to be identified. Is the stock a half stock or two piece full stock? Blued or browned? Is there a patchbox? How long is the barrel from just in front of the nipple to the muzzle? Is the metal furniture brass or a gray metal? How many triggers?

Are there any obvious signs of damage on the stock or barrel?
Old June 24, 2009, 10:33 PM   #3
SamStafford

7jinxed7, forget what mykeal just stated...she does not know anything about this matter. Some one that is SMART will chime in to help you. Just hang on in there.

By the way, she thinks BRASS metal is just like STEEL metal...do you really want to take her word on that???
Old June 24, 2009, 11:35 PM   #4
Smokin_Gun

Like I said in another thread juvinile crap don't belong here ... these guys have been my friends n here and on other forums for about 6 years. There is no need to badmouth anyone especially those who know more that you hin kk you may any particular subject.
Wouldn't make more sense to listen and learn for all the accumulated years of expiriance and knowledge than to abuse someone that you disagree with and and make one's self look bad?
Mykeal is right ... sometimes wrong just like I have been maybe once or so... but he's roght on the bores and right about brass framed Rev's just like all of us anyone else's are about Brass Revs... You and Capt. C are the only two that agree with you as far as I can see...
Now I am wrong for prolonging the agony of this "Crap" in a BP Forum!
By your leave Folks, I'm burnin' the soapbox.
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php
Old June 25, 2009, 12:06 AM   #5
SamStafford

You can BURN your soapbox ALL you want. I'm not badmouthing anyone. I'm just stating that I don't want a NEW person buying a brass frame gun and they think it is as good as a steel frame gun. I have been there...BIG mistake. Capt. C. has been shooting over 25 years on BP guns. The guy knows what he is talking about. Any one that has a brain, knows that STEEL is better than brass. Come on people, wake up!!! Mykeal is just trying to pi$$ me off.
Bottom line is: do you want a brass gun that shoots loose very quick...or do you want a STEEL gun that will last you a very LONG time?
STOP picking on me. Jeezzzzz.
Old June 25, 2009, 12:30 AM   #6
arcticap

I know exactly what the Fox River Fifty is because I have one and I've seen others. They're worth about $75 to $100 in good shape. If it was nickel or minty it might be worth a little more up to $125 but like mykeal said, condition is important as is the selling venue. I know where there is one for sale on line for $79. If there's any rust in the bore, then it may not even be worth $79.
Next you say that you have a Jukar rifle that's a .45 caliber percussion. The only Jukar that I can think of is a Jukar Kentucky rifle with about a 33 inch barrel and I once had a brand new one. That is not a very expensive rifle. The value could range from:
$50 - $75 in poor or questionable condition
$90 - $125 in fair condition
$125 - $150 in good condition
$150 - $175 in very good to excellent condition
$175 - $200 in new or mint condition

Most Jukar Kentucky rifles sell for about $90 - $110 in average condition, and not many sell for more than $125.
So you may be looking at selling your 2 guns for about $200 more or less if both of them are at least in fairly good shooting condition without any rust issues inside the bore or on the outside of the gun, in and around the nipple area and such.
If the bores are in poor condition, then sometimes just the stock and lock are worth 1/2 the value of the average price of the whole gun.
Now what about the matching pistol that you're talking about?
It's also a Jukar and how long is the barrel?

Last edited by arcticap; June 25, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old June 25, 2009, 12:38 AM   #7
Smokin_Gun

Then concider me stopped Sam...
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php
Old June 25, 2009, 12:50 AM   #8
HeroHog

Arcticap, thanks for helping arcticap. I dropped in because I was curious as to what a Jukars was. Right off I see children arguing in the school-yard. Sad... :barf:

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `Nuff said.
Old June 25, 2009, 07:00 AM   #9
7jinxed7

articap

Thanks for the info.I did measure the barrel it's 33" from tip to nipple area.It is a two piece stock,but the stock continues the full length of the rifle.I would rate it as fair to good condiiton.It has a little discoloration around the nipple area ,but no noticable rust.I would post a photo but I'm not sure how.As for the Traditions its excellent to great condition.As for the pistol it is a Jukar Philadelphia Derringer knock off.good condition about a 3 inch barrel and also appears to be about a .45cal. I did notice some slight rust inside the very back of the barrel but only in the back.No rust outside.
Old June 25, 2009, 07:06 AM   #10
Hawg

Quote:
Right off I see children arguing in the school-yard. Sad..
I have a feeling Sam will soon be joining the worthless capt.
Old June 25, 2009, 08:29 AM   #11
mykeal

Articap pretty well covered it. Based on your condition report I'd place the valuation at $90 for the WMC (I also have one, in .54 cal. It's an excellent carbine, worth much more than that to me), $130 for the Kentucky rifle and $70 for the Philly.

Just my opinion, sight unseen.
Old June 25, 2009, 09:55 AM   #12
SamStafford

Dream on.
Old June 25, 2009, 10:24 AM   #13
Pahoo

WOW !! ...

Sam, you are giving us Midwest fellers a bad name and not helping your blood pressure !!! :barf:

Be Safe !!!
Old June 25, 2009, 06:02 PM   #14
long rider

ALLRIGHT you guys, dont make me come out
there and pull my pistols.
Old June 25, 2009, 09:45 PM   #15
SamStafford

I have 4 Jukar Pistols. Three in .45 cal and one in .50 cal. These are cap locks. I love them pistols. That .50 kicks like a mule.