The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 19, 2015, 01:49 AM   #1
Carryeveryday

High standard flite king K-1200 riot standard model

I am looking to trade my glock for a 12 gauge and someone offered me a HS flite king K-1200 standard version. I've read great reviews about the gun, other than taking it down is no walk in the park, but I had a question about the barrel. I read the riot deluxe model has an interchangeable barrel, but haven't had any luck figuring out if the standard is as well. I would like to have a longer barrel, and found a 28" on eBay but it says it only fits the deluxe. Is there no way to swap them out?
Old October 19, 2015, 03:31 AM   #2
bspillman

High standard made some of the best pump shotguns ever. The only problem I see with this deal is if you sold your glock, you go to the gun show and buy three flight kings. I have 2 and I paid 150 bucks for each of them. Awesome shotguns just not very expensive.

To answer your question, I'm not sure about the barrels mine screw in to the reciever, so I'm guessing it would depend on the thread count of the barrels. I could be wrong tho. Sorry.
Old October 19, 2015, 04:04 AM   #3
gyvel

As much as I (really) dislike Glocks and like Hi-Standard Flite Kings, that's not a very good trade. I would counter with something like the shotgun and $250.00 cash for your Glock. Otherwise, just look around and you will find a nice Flite King for a very reasonable price. I got my last one at the local pawn shop for $100.00 net.
SIFE
Old October 19, 2015, 05:29 PM   #4
Carryeveryday

Oh yeah I forgot to mention he is putting $280 cash on top of the shotgun! I think I have decided not to though, I'm looking for something with a longer barrel and all I've found for the high standard is a 28" but it says it only fits the deluxe model!

Tags
12 gauge. pump action , high standard , police guns , riot