The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 13, 2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Don P

On using links

How are you gentelmen using the word "here" in place of a hyperlink. I have not been able to figure it out. as in this post, in a good set of articles

"The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court," that from Article III section 1. The question arises as to exactly what the "Judicial Power" might be. Regardless of anything else, it includes the power and authority of Judicial Review.

Judicial Review is exactly the means by which the Court exercises its authority to say what the Constitution (or other law) means. It is an essential part of the checks and balances, conceived by the founders.

This authority comes from not just the Constitution itself ("The Judicial Power"), but from English Common Law. It was first exercised in Marbury v. Madison (1803). A good set of articles about this topic can be found, here.

Why is it important to understand this function of the Court? Because it is essential to the dismissal of the MSSF lawsuit and understanding why the court dismissed that suit.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old October 13, 2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Please refine your question, it's not at all clear what you are asking.
Old October 13, 2010, 08:03 PM   #3
Shane Tuttle
Staff

I think he's asking instead of posting the actual link in its entirety, what do you do to use the word "here" as the item you click on to go to that link?

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old October 13, 2010, 08:29 PM   #4
Don P

Quote:
I think he's asking instead of posting the actual link in its entirety, what do you do to use the word "here" as the item you click on to go to that link?
Tuttle8 has it right on the money.
from what I copied and posted the next to last sentence states,
A good set of articles about this topic can be found ( here). Clicking on the word here takes you to the link. Just would like to be able to do this and post the same way.It would save space ( band width )?
Thanks for responding
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old October 13, 2010, 08:45 PM   #5
Mal H
Staff

Ok, what you are asking about is indeed a hyperlink, not something in place of a hyperlink.

To make one, you simply add the link URL to a set of [URL] tags with your descriptive word or words (like "here") in the middle.

As an example, the following code:
[url=http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368640]The Browser Security thread[/url] will improve your overall internet security.

Will look like this in the post:
The Browser Security thread will improve your overall internet security.

The tag set that makes it into a hyperlink is in bold.