The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 30, 2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Bruno2

Location: Not saying b/c I dont want any of you crazy people to rob or kill me. Alright it's Tulsa , Oklahoma
Weaver scopes

Are any of you guys famaliar with Weaver super slam scopes ? I am looking at one for my Savage 25-06 . I am looking at one in Midway's catalogue . It is item #918-488 the scopes specs are as follows > 4-20 x 50 mm Bell diameter 58 mm and ballistic-x reticle. The scope is selling for $650.00 . I like the price and I really dont have $1500.00 for scope , base , and rings right now , however , I dont want to go slumming either . How does the quality compare to some of the other big brands out there ie; Leupold , Nikon , Swarovski , nightforce ?

Thanks guys any and all replies welcome
Brandon Harrison
Old November 30, 2009, 11:55 PM   #2
sholling

I haven't used a Super Slam but I have used a Grand Slam and I put the GS about on par with Bushnell's Elite 4200, Burris Signature Select, and the Nikon Monarch line. My only quibble is the weight of that SS at nearly 28oz.

You might want to shop around a bit more while you're at it. If SWFA has any in stock they might be a tad cheaper. Always call them before placing an order because their inventory system isn't linked to their order page.

Last edited by sholling; December 1, 2009 at 01:53 AM.