The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 17, 2000, 11:11 AM   #1
Bartholomew Roberts

Just a note, I have been wearing the VM-2 with the tuckable kydex clips (one I got the holster broken in). Other than being a bit of a pain to switch between loops and kydex clips, the holster is perfect.

Walked all around with a full-size Hi-Power tucked in under my short-sleeve button-up shirt and it was absolutely invisible. I recommend the 1 1/2" belt though.

As for keeping the holster in place, these kydex clips are rock solid. They absolutely do not move once you release the clip.
Old August 19, 2000, 09:05 AM   #2
STEVE M

Great holster isn't it? I love mine (for 5" 1911) and wear it daily. I wish they would make a solid belt loop for it though, I don't really need the snaps.
Old August 21, 2000, 11:00 AM   #3
Bartholomew Roberts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by STEVE M:
Great holster isn't it? I love mine (for 5" 1911) and wear it daily. I wish they would make a solid belt loop for it though, I don't really need the snaps.[/quote]

It is a great holster - after all the worthless holsters I have bought finding this one is like discovering electricity.
Old August 21, 2000, 11:26 PM   #4
Ronin 99

I ordered one for a full size 1911 also. Glad to hear it works so well.
Ronin

------------------

NRA/GOA/GOTF
Vote!!
Old August 22, 2000, 08:27 AM   #5
Gopher .45

I like my VM-2 as well and have ordered a second one for a different sized gun. The kydex clips work great and are rock solid, but getting them into place on the pants and getting my shirt tucked appropriately around them is not all that easy. Once the shirt is adjusted, it too remains rock solid. If you have it slightly twisted or wrinkled from the holster gripping it so tightly, it will remain rock solid and look crappy the entire time. More over, if I have to use the rest room where I have to pull down my pants, getting my shirt back in place again is a time-consuming process. I like the idea of how tightly the kydex holds onto my pants, but unfortunately that same strength is in the gap for tucking the shirt. I have a Galco Deep Cover that is a little too bulky for some things, but it is infinitely more easy to deal with when it comes to tucking and adjusting shirts.
Old August 22, 2000, 09:02 AM   #6
Bartholomew Roberts

Gopher is right about the clips. They can be tough to get into place and you won't be doing much adjusting once you have clipped them on (At least not without removing the holster entirely). I haven't had as much problems with the shirt; but I do take extra care to tuck it in nicely when putting it on and I just use the fly in public bathrooms so I don't have to mess with the rig.

I have the Galco Deep Cover too; but don't like it near as well. It is a fat little holster for an IWB and regardless of where I wear it, that J-hook sticks out from underneath the belt like some kind of deformity. Mine sticks out about 1/4 of an inch and then the loop of the J over the belt starts.

The other thing I don't like about this holster is that it relies mostly on the belt(without a belt, holster comes out with gun). That means that during the draw, the holster moves with the gun until the belt offers enough resistance to stop it.