The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 2, 1999, 10:33 AM   #1
navdoc

These semi-auto weapons are fairly inexpensive and look in pictures to be fairly solid. I know that my Ak-47 is no work of art but its ease of use and reliability are second to none. Does anybody know if this simplicity and reliability carry over to the Kalishnikov shotguns?

Can these shotguns be purchased by civilians with the pistol grip and/or shorter barrel?
Old September 2, 1999, 11:28 PM   #2
blades67

I think it was Gary James that did a report on these shotguns for Guns & Ammo. He had good things to say about them. I don't have any experience with them myself.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~
Old September 4, 1999, 12:13 AM   #3
olazul

Navdoc,

I recently purchased one- kinda like an impulse buy. My FFL only had one more. It is at the smith' right now getting the barrel taken down to 18.5", I haven't shot it yet. I heard elsewhere that no pistol grip has been imported, and I'm not sure of the shorter barrel. Will post more when I have a chance to play with it

regards,

olazul