The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 20, 2020, 08:15 PM   #26
JFritz

I got back into shooting a little more than two years ago after a long time off. I bought a G2C because with my limited experience, it looked good and the price was right. I have over 2500 rounds through it and it has preformed flawlessly. It is accurate as all heck. Easy to take down and just down right fun and manageable to shoot. I had it out today and had a big smile on my face after my shooting performance. I'd have your friend try one out at a range and see how she likes it. For $200, it's hard to go wrong.

Last edited by JFritz; February 20, 2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old February 20, 2020, 09:03 PM   #27
rodfac

A search here will show Taurus has mixed reviews: some good some bad and with spotty customer service if you need it. YMMv Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old February 21, 2020, 03:17 PM   #28
Wolf333

I have a G2C and put at least 1k rounds through it. Not one malfunction. For 200 bucks you can't go wrong. I use it as a carry gun in the colder months and rotate a Sig p238 and Ruger LCP2 in the warmer ones.
Old February 21, 2020, 07:11 PM   #29
riffraff

I have a G2 sitting right here, is what I'm carrying today. Why? Well because I'm working on a boat and if fiberglass dust, a drip of resin, or some other gunk gets on it then no tears and I do not need to feverishly clean it after. My good pistols are at home.

Was an impulse buy, cheap, serves it's purpose, but I only really trust it on brass target ammo, stings my hand when I shoot it due to something with how the springs work. Has a serial number on every freakin part (not an operational problem but stupid).. it is functionality good to go but occasionally I miss the trigger safety, have had it soft strike but then fire on a subsequent trigger pull (not a bad feature really).. fits my hand nice and is a reasonable size to carry, accurate enough, reliable enough on said ammo.

I'd buy a glock for something plastic to carry every day if that's what I wanted but this one does serve its purpose.
Old February 23, 2020, 01:22 PM   #30
P-35HP

I own one, it works great. Not sure what "heavy use" means but mine is reliable. Unknown number of rounds, bought it second hand. I shoot it often and a lot, don't bother to count the rounds.
If one likes the way it feels and shoots it well, then it is a safe bet IMHO.
Old February 23, 2020, 03:06 PM   #31
AgedWarrior

I owned one of the PT111 G2 pistols for a while. It would never run right...called it my jam-o-magic. Sent it back once, came back doing the same thing. Feeding issues and FTF. A guy hear locally thought he could straighten it out, so I sold it. He still hates that gun. I have known a lot of happy Taurus customers, but that gun was junk. Nice grip, looked okay, etc, etc, but would never function on any ammo I tried, and I tried a lot of different ammo. I really wanted that gun to work.

Last edited by AgedWarrior; February 25, 2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old February 25, 2020, 04:06 PM   #32
Flight567

While I don't own a G2C personally, my cousin owns one and we have I've shot it a few times. I've got about 600 rounds through it, he's got about 1300. There was one FTE when my wife was shooting it (a theme we will find when I post here enough) because of limp wristing, and one FTF while he was breaking it in. I believe the FTF was within the first 200 rounds.

Recoil impulse is rougher than my Sig, but my Sig is a "compact" frame, and the taurus is still controllable. It's accurate enough for government work and seems to conceal for my cousin very well (he's 6'4, 250 so pretty much anything short of an AR conceals well for him)

I would compare it to the hellcat in that I enjoyed shooting it, it's a great design and seems reliable, but if I were to spend the money on something in that form factor I would go with the p365. Not to knock the taurus or Springfield, I just happen to prefer German engineering

Edit:
I have no experience with the Ruger though if she likes it, I don't think that I would personally hesitate to trust Ruger.
No matter what she chooses run a few hundred rounds through it to check function before giving it the go ahead.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old February 26, 2020, 03:34 PM   #33
mel80

she hasnt picked anything up yet , im actually taking her shooting again this weekend she wants to try my g19 and xd again ,im also bringing out a 1911 and some various other guns for her to try as well , like i said before she does really well with my xd , im just about to buy an p365 and a p365 xl for myself , so i may just sell/give her my xd

i havent had it to long but i shoot it all the time and its been damn reliable for me , hell i put a minimum of 100 rounds threw it a week practicing with it since ive been carrying it since i bought it