The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 13, 2020, 08:16 PM   #1
blabablab

Anyone want to trade Jericho 941 Sights?

Greetings all, I have a surplus IMI Jericho 941F that has a dented rear sight. I also have a new pair of Meprolight tritium sights for it. However, I am a purist, and would like to keep the sights original issue. I do notice that a lot of people are changing out their sights for new ones. I am curious, would anyone like to trade their original sights for a new pair of meprolight tritium sights? I cannot find replacement originals, so I figure it would be a win win. Someone who doesn't like the original sights will get free new ones, and I will get the original sights I cannot find....
Old February 14, 2020, 03:22 AM   #2
hemiram

I would do it, but guess what? Mine are banged up too. I have no problem with putting new sights on one of my surplus guns. Purity is fine, but the original sights aren't anything great to start with, IMO.
Old February 14, 2020, 09:11 AM   #3
blabablab

Yeah, i know a lot are like that. I am not looking for a perfect sight, just a usable one with no large dents. I would be willing to just pay for one as well instead of a trade.
Old February 15, 2020, 07:11 AM   #4
hemiram

Mine are usable, but they are pretty sad looking. The one side is bent a little and the black finish is mostly gone. I've put a new guide rod and spring in it, and replaced the horrible looking and smelling rubber grips, too, I don't think I'm going to go any farther with it, as I have a nearly new Jericho and a couple of Israeli Tanfos that look really good, like this one...

Actually, the sights are a little messed up on it too..