The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old October 26, 2009, 01:53 PM   #1
bigjack59

M1 Carbine Recoil Plate Markings

Got a nice little IBM USGI Carbine. It looks to be in fairly nice shape, shoots great. The recoil plate has a pretty strange marking on it. It is four letters, nicely stamped except for the first letter. It is either KART or BART, any guesses out there? No, no, it is NOT FART, I don't have a FART Carbine.

This gun is a reimport, the stock and action/barrel seem to match. It has the bayonet lug barrel band and the rearsenal flip safety. Not sure which recoil plate it is.
Old October 26, 2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Tom2

Sounds furrin, to me. Is it cast or milled? Cause pretty much cast recoil plates are postwar, as far as I know. Might shop around for a matching part, I don't think it would be as expensive as some of the other parts.
Old October 26, 2009, 08:37 PM   #3
GregM

pm me, I have some contact info for you to someone who can help you find out what this marking means.

GregM