The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old April 23, 2008, 01:01 PM   #26
tackdriver

Quote:
So, to claim that this board is a prime example of embellishment, is something that we DO NOT see eye to eye.
For your own sake, cut back on the coffee -- like maybe from two pots a day to one pot.

What I meant was that anonymous boards on the Internet are full of people who are full of crap. It manifests itself on this board by people offering opinions on weapons they've never even seen in person. I can only imagine what a war stories forum would be like -- IMHO, worthless to the mission of this site.
Old April 23, 2008, 10:52 PM   #27
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
What I meant was that anonymous boards on the Internet are full of people who are full of crap. It manifests itself on this board by people offering opinions on weapons they've never even seen in person. I can only imagine what a war stories forum would be like -- IMHO, worthless to the mission of this site.
How would it be different from any other forum out there? If someone is providing false information, I'm pretty sure that ones that have "been there" will rectify the situation in short order by reputable members. I think it would still benefit due to the caliber of established members here. I wouldn't ask for this type of forum on just any board or website.

I have faith that the members and staff here would prove this would become a worthy forum to have...

Quote:
For your own sake, cut back on the coffee -- like maybe from two pots a day to one pot.
1. Drive-by posts with no explaination tend to get flamed.
2. I don't drink coffee.
3. Assumption is the mother of all.......

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old June 29, 2008, 09:32 AM   #28
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Bumping thread for fresh input and hope Mods will discuss consideration....

Old June 29, 2008, 03:32 PM   #29
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Legal & Political is the only forum where the discussion does not need to center on firearms. This is because *all* civil rights are important, not just the right to self defense and the right to keep and bear arms. So don't bring L&P into the argument - it won't win you any points because a "War stories" forum would do nothing to protect or preserve our God-given rights. It would also have very little to do with firearms, I suspect. Perhaps one thread out of a dozen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipitas
Can anyone answer how this would further our stated goal: a virtual community dedicated to the ... advancement of responsible firearms ownership.
I still have not seen Al's question answered satisfactorily.

I have no doubt that it would be an interesting forum and I suspect that there are discussion boards on the 'net that already fill this niche. I just can't see it happening here.

JMO.
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old June 29, 2008, 09:59 PM   #30
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Well, I guess I must accept defeat. Tough pill to swallow. But, it was merely a suggestion to consider...not like it was my life's ambition to make it happen or anything.

Thanks for your consideration...