The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 9, 2008, 05:38 PM   #1
mike y.

tried posting pics

Well I got the pics of a Winchester Model 12, I'm posting on the firing line to sell. Message was sent, o.k. Where did it go? I can't find it. The title I put was Winchester Model 12 from Mike Y. It went to The Firing Line but now I can't find it. Any ideas? Also tried it another way but they want the URL for the pictures, but there is no URL. Thanks Mike Y.
Old May 9, 2008, 05:46 PM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Your message is a little hard to understand. Did you email it?

You should have posted it according to the instructions found here: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=292842
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old May 9, 2008, 06:41 PM   #3
mike y.

tried?

to the TheBluesMan - Tried to do it the way you stated in your response but when I delete that stuff in the box and right click in the box for the menu the only ones I can get to are undo, delete and select all. cut, copy and paste appear very faint and when I key on them, nothing happens. I'm lost. Thanks Mike Y.
Old May 9, 2008, 07:53 PM   #4
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mike,

I get the feeling you're new to this whole computer thing, so let's start at the beginning.

Do you have this photo stored on your home computer or is it on the Internet somewhere?

If on your home computer, there is one set of instructions.

If on the Internet, there is a different set of instructions.

Lemme no.
Old May 11, 2008, 06:40 AM   #5
mike y.

mike y.--Model 12

Yes I have it stored on my computer in my documents. Thanks Mike Y.
Old May 11, 2008, 09:13 AM   #6
skydiver3346

Bluesman: Pics?

I have my pics stored on my home computer under my documents. How can I get them attached to The Firing Line ads I want to place? Tried to use attach button but for some reason they won't work. Appreciate you help or anyone elses help as well.
Old May 11, 2008, 10:37 AM   #7
Mal H
Staff

Have you both followed the instructions in the thread TheBluesMan linked to above (post #2)? It is the "Posting pictures" sticky thread in this forum.
Old May 11, 2008, 12:17 PM   #8
mike y.

tried his posting

When I deleted the bottom line of the client script, because my pitures have no URL and then he said to right click and on the menu, click on paste, but the paste, on my computer, looks rather dim and when I click on it, nothing happens. This was what TheBluesMan suggested.At least I think so. Mike Y.
Old May 11, 2008, 03:56 PM   #9
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

You're trying to attach a pic like it's hosted on the Internet. Since it isn't, you need to follow the directions at the beginning of the thread I linked to before.

Here's what you need to do:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFly
As long as the image you want to display fits the following restrictions...

bmp 97.7 KB
gif 97.7 KB
jpeg 244.1 KB
jpg 244.1 KB
pdf 390.6 KB
txt 170.9 KB

...then you can click the "Attachments" button () and upload the image. Use the "Browse" function to find the picture on your system. Press "Upload" after the picture file name is shown. Wait until the upload has completed, then close the Attachment window. Finally press the Submit button that is below the "Additional Options" box after all of your text and attachments are to your liking.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:19 AM   #10
mike y.

posting pictures

Figured out how,gun is sold. Thanks for all the help, Mike Y.
Old May 12, 2008, 12:34 PM   #11
Mal H
Staff

I gotta ask, Mike - since your attempts at posting pics in your Win Model 12 thread all failed, did you really figure it out? In your earlier attempts, you were trying to link to a file on your own computer. Can you imagine how bad that would be if it could be done easily? To reiterate what several have said, you have to upload the file first and then you can link to it.
Old May 12, 2008, 06:21 PM   #12
mike y.

caught

I did sell the model 12, close to my price but no I didn't figure out how to download the pictures. That is the truth. I gotta give you credit, Mal H. Thanks again for all your help, Mike Y.