The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 17, 2017, 11:04 AM   #1
libiglou

holster for owb with pants with no loops

Hey Guys

I figured I throw this out and see what some of your experiences are. I live in the northeast so I can only carry to the range and back or to go hunting. Which means maybe 2 to 3 hours of total carry time. in the summer I'm pretty much in shorts and a t shirt and during the colder months wear sweatpants of some sort, so bottom line I don't wear pants with any type of loops. I have a fanny pack holster which is ok but if I wore a belt with a owb holster tied around my waist with a t shirt over it would it work?(Not tying the belt to the pants) Not looking to really hide my ccw since I'm just going to the car and the range then back again. Basically looking for comfort and ease of draw if god forbid I have to use my pistol in a defensive situation. I know this might sound crazy and some of you are going to tell go change and put jeans on but time is short for me and going to the range in many cases is a quick decision with limited time. Keeping the belt and the holster near my safe will make it easier when I pack up to head for the range regardless of what I'm wearing. Thanks for any input
Old July 17, 2017, 11:21 AM   #2
BarryLee

Quite honestly it is really no different than selecting a set-up for belt loops. Just look for belt/holster combos that fit your body type and style of dress. However, like most of us, be prepared to buy a second belt/holster combo when the first doesn't workout like you wanted.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old July 19, 2017, 10:13 AM   #3
g.willikers

Better than loops with no pants.
Check out the double type belt rigs with velcro that's used in the action pistol games.
Some require belt loops, but others don't.
Here's one that does use loops, but some folks don't use them for this model:
https://www.doublealpha.biz/double-a...mpetition-belt.
There's plenty of others, too.

Last edited by g.willikers; July 19, 2017 at 10:19 AM.