The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 19, 2019, 10:14 PM   #1
Bentonville

CS at Rugged Suppressors

I feel I must give public praise to Rugged Suppressors and Travis Taylor. I purchased an Obsidian 45 a couple of months ago. It is a great piece of equipment; quiet, compatible with my 9 mm and my 45, versatile with two configurations (long and short) and easy to disassemble for cleaning. In short, I am very happy that I went with Rugged.
As happens sometimes with even the best equipment, which this is, problems arise once the device is used. The piston cage developed some looseness which did not affect the device but was not the way it was designed. I contacted Travis and shipped the device to him at The Rugged headquarters. Travis fixed the minor imperfection and shipped it back to me the same day. I received it on Monday.It would have arrived the next day had it not been a Friday when they shipped it. Travis gave a full explanation about the problem and tested it before sending it back to me. I have great confidence in Rugged Suppressors. Anything can happen to anything man-made. This company stands behind their products with no questions asked. I have been told by another Rugged owner that he has an end cap strike due to using too heavy of a bullet. Rugged repaired the device free of charge. They offer a life time warranty. Don’t hesitate if you are considering a Rugged Suppressor.
Old March 20, 2019, 07:17 AM   #2
Mobuck

Good to know. I have a Rugged in ATF jail right now. Hoping it has no problems but always handy to have such service available should something go poorly.
Old March 21, 2019, 12:42 AM   #3
Theohazard

I’ve never sold Rugged silencers, but I’ve had customers shoot them at our range. One customer shooting one of their rifle cans had an endcap strike because he improperly attached it to the muzzle device. Even though it was user error, Rugged sent him a new endcap for free.