The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 21, 2008, 03:00 PM   #1
Dilbert

Marlin model 15 problem

I got a Marlin model 15 single shot bolt action 22 a few days ago, took it out, everything worked fine, took it home and cleaned it. I took it out earlier today and it wouldn't eject. Any ideas?
Gun Control-gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.
Old March 22, 2008, 01:56 AM   #2
LJ-MosinFreak-Buck

is there a wire rod serving as an ejector? Take a flat blade screw driver, and GENTLY pry upwards. That should solve the problem.
Old March 22, 2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Dilbert

I gave up already and took it to a gunsmith, but it almost looked like the firing pin doubled as the ejector as it had lots, I'm talking like a half inch, of travel farther than seemed necessary, but I couldn't see what it was supposed to catch on to eject.
Gun Control-gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.