The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 11, 2001, 05:03 AM   #1
Herr Walther

Refreshing the browser for TFL

Well guys, I don't know what the problem was I was having with refreshing the pages for TFL, but the problem has fixed itself.

I didn't change one thing on my browser settings. It just starting mysteriously working again.

After voting in a poll, it automatically takes you to the results like it did before and the new posts to a topic automatically are bumped to the top of the "View New Posts" page as before.

???????
"...a historian asked what had happened to the German people for them to accept a criminal government. Unfortunately, nothing needed to happen. In nations across the world people accept government crime."
-------------------------------------
"In democracies as well as dictatorships, subordinates illegally obey their rulers. Subordinates who remain true to their oaths of office by opposing their rulers are rare."
Old August 11, 2001, 11:27 AM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Perhaps the software upgrade from last week?

I'm really not certain of anything but this: In the race to provide new technologies, simply because they exist, we've encountered the Law of Unintended Consequences. Who can honestly say (except for shopping) that the Internet, laptops, desktops, modem cards, USB's, PCMCIA's, palmtops, handhelds, drivers, firmware, browsers, email, viruses and the like has actually made their life easier?

For me, I have less time than I ever did.....mainly because of the time involved in maintaining and understanding all the new hardware and software that becomes a must have and keeping up with the information overload that's pushed at me from every direction.

And so it is with our discussion software: Cutting edge stuff.....PM's, Polls, Thread Merge, Thread Move, Thread Split, avatars, vBCode, CSS Styles, Subscribe to this Thread, Customize Profile, Who's Online......it's all great stuff. But it demands that everyone "step up" their software.

So who's life is really getting easier with these "advances"...mine or the Microsoft Development Team?
Rich
Old August 12, 2001, 04:35 AM   #3
Herr Walther

I can't tell you whose life is getting easier, but I'll give you just one guess as to who is getting richer.
"...a historian asked what had happened to the German people for them to accept a criminal government. Unfortunately, nothing needed to happen. In nations across the world people accept government crime."
-------------------------------------
"In democracies as well as dictatorships, subordinates illegally obey their rulers. Subordinates who remain true to their oaths of office by opposing their rulers are rare."
Old August 12, 2001, 06:05 AM   #4
PreserveFreedom

Quote:
I'll give you just one guess as to who is getting richer
It sure as heck isn't me.