The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 15, 2016, 07:32 AM   #26
ncrypt

I have had this on my AR10 for 3 years and it functions flawlessly...

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Optic...bushnell+scope
Old February 15, 2016, 08:56 AM   #27
adamBomb

Quote:
i might just hold off on it and start a little scope fund and hopefully get 300-500$ and get something a little nicer.
Might not be a bad idea to learn to use your iron sights and just save up for a scope you want. Also, learning to use the irons will give you a better idea how much magnification you really want. There are nice low end optics out there in the $100-$200 range. The primary arms 1-4 is like $115. Although that 1-4 from amazon posted in this thread didn't look bad either and it came with a mount. I think it was a barksa? I know nothing about that brand but it had good reviews on amazon and midway and has a limited lifetime warranty (whatever that means). I would probably choose that barksa over the primary arms because its much smaller/lighter and if you want to upgrade in a few years its only $120 so you wont feel bad.
Old February 16, 2016, 11:28 AM   #28
Killabee-23

I have been looking at the barska 1-4 and it looks really good for the price. but the bushnell Ar scope is probably what im going to go for i really want the throwdown version with the cat tail but i like crosshairs more than i like the redical on that. I do really like the redical on it but i dont feel that redical and the cat tail is worth the extra $100 do you guys have any experience or opinion about either of these scopes.The thing thats kind of throwing me off is that the turrets dont lock down i mean really? why wouldnt they make this awesome scope have locking turrets? i mean for 250$ you would think they would have locking turrets.

Last edited by Killabee-23; February 16, 2016 at 11:39 AM.

Tags
affordable , ar-15 , ar-15 optic , optics , scope