The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 28, 2009, 10:54 PM   #1
banditt007

Huntsman ML barrel for H&R single shot

I was pleasantly surprised last night when i went onto the H&R website and i saw that i can get a .50cal muzzle loader barrel for my single shot pardner! =)

anyhow i'm looking for anyones experience with this. from the accuracy of it compared to dedicated muzzle loaders, to their customer service and quality of work. ect ect

talk to me... i'm thinking of sending in my shotgun to get this barrel fitted. The price is extremely tempting combined with knowing next season i'll have a greater chance of bagging a deer.
Old January 29, 2009, 07:18 AM   #2
taylorce1

I picked a used one up off of GB cheaper than I could have my rifle re-barreled into one. I like the rifle except for the ramrod, which is telescoping and not very convenient for a quick reload in the field. I don't care very much for the breech plug removal tool either. I would prefer not to have a disk system for priming but it works well.

Mine seems to like the heavy bullets, in my State I can not use sabots. Full bore conicals not exceeding 1" or patched round ball, however powerbelts are not considered sabots but again can not exceed 1" with the skirt. Best group I've been able to hold is about 4" at 100 yards open sights. Again no optics allowed here in Colorado. I do like the Williams Fire Sights on the barrel.

The thing I like best is the fact it is a inline. This was my first inline rifle and the ease of cleaning makes it worth it. I doubt I'll ever go back to a sidelock rifle unless my State changes the hunting regulations.

Tags
black powder , h&r , muzzle loader , pardner , single shot