The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 17, 2012, 12:58 PM   #1
jkpq45

Reload 204 Ruger with 223 Dies?

I've heard whispers around the 'net that a piece can be changed on the Lee Collet Neck Sizing Die for .223 and it can be used for loading 204 Ruger.

Any truth to that? I'm trying to get set up for 204 and am cheap, so don't want to buy new dies :-).

Thanks,
jkpq45
Old December 17, 2012, 02:41 PM   #2
hounddawg

Don't believe everything you read on the net. Compare these two drawings

http://www.saami.org/pubresources/cc...04%20Ruger.pdf

http://www.saami.org/pubresources/cc...0Remington.pdf

The dies are a bargain, the shell holder is the same and using a .223 seating die would be fine. I use my .308 Forster micrometer seating die on my .260. Oh and if this is going on a AR platform get a full length sizer
Old December 17, 2012, 05:08 PM   #3
m&p45acp10+1

The extra price of the Deluxe die set is not that much more. Oh and I am speaking from the stand point of a guy that is beyond being cheap. I am a chronicly broke guy. Buy the right one from the get go. It will save you more in the long run.