The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 20, 2012, 02:21 AM   #126
briandg

Like I said before, i really worked to figure out what in heck I would ever need it for.

It might make a good backpack rifle. In .357, it would be good for trappers working the lines, or coon hunters working at night with lights on the rails. You could stick it in saddle backs on a motorcycle, maybe. it would take up a lot less space in a canoe, a trunk, or even a tool box in back of a trunk.

Just in case other states are different, showing up in the woods with anything on those rails but a scope in missouri would be a crime, but I think that coon hunter could get away with it.

I think that the whole thing can be compared to my younger brother, who sort of popped out of nowhere when I was 8 years old. i was visiting my dad, drinking a few beers, while my 15 year old brother mowed the lawn. I remarked to my dad how handy it must be to have a kid around to do his chores, and dad agreed.

Quote:
he was conceived in foolishness, but if you try real hard, you can find some useful qualities in him.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on that rifle
Old February 22, 2012, 12:35 PM   #127
TX Hunter

One good thing about a tactical lever action is you can top it off as you go. And dont have to mess with magazines. Just a pocket full of shells .

Tags
chuck conners , lever action , mossberg