The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 22, 2015, 03:00 PM   #1
Mr.RevolverGuy

Alien Gear 2.0 Cloak Tuck Holster Review

If you are like me and carry all the time it is most likely you also have a drawer full of holsters and I suspect you have more than one carry pistol. Possibly one for the summer/warmer months and one for the winter/colder months.

The main attraction for me to this holster is its ability to transform yet remain the same. One may ask how is that even possible? Well once you have the base setup the kydex shells are interchangeable therefore giving you the same ride height and comfortable feel for many carry pistols, maybe the holster should have been branded the chameleon. In my case a shell for the S&W 642 for summer carry and S&W Shield for winter carry. In comparison with a few other holsters I also found the Kydex of the Alien Gear Holster to be thicker and better form fitted over the business end of your pistol, giving better protection to the front site.

After wearing this holster for many weeks it is the comfort of the neoprene backing that just about over shadows all of the other rich features of this holster.

Complete Review Here
Old February 24, 2015, 11:58 AM   #2
Ryutsuki

Good review, I initially ordered one of these but the wait time killed me... I ended up going with a VersaCarry!
Old February 25, 2015, 05:26 PM   #3
GeneS

Thank you for an excellent review. I have had a Cloak Tuck 2.0 for a month or so. I hated the couple of IWB holsters I had tried in the past. I had pretty much decided IWB carry was never going to work for me. But, after reading reviews of several makes of hybrid IWB, I decided to give it one more try and ordered the Alien Gear. I believe I can make this one work. Much more comfortable than any IWB I had tried before. It's a quality product at a good price.
Old February 28, 2015, 11:59 AM   #4
Mitchum

Very informative review!

I just ordered the cloak tuck 2.0 and opted for the package which gives you a discount - for the second holster I purchased a leather OWB.

Ryutsuki mentioned the wait ...... website says standard 2-3 weeks prior to shipping. Anyone care to share their results?

Anxious to get this and try it out!
Old February 28, 2015, 12:42 PM   #5
GeneS

I went in with a buddy on the 2 holster package. Mine arrived in just under 3 weeks. I got an email from them saying it was on schedule for the quoted time and it arrived, I believe, 2 days later.
Old March 11, 2015, 08:56 AM   #6
Mitchum

Just got the cloak tuck 2.0 IWB in the mail yesterday along with the OWB I ordered. I have no reference point, mind you, this is the first holster I've purchased and first time I've tried carrying concealed or OWB. So far I have to say I'm pleased with the purchase.

The IWB is extremely comfortable and concealed much better than I expected it to. I actually dropped it down to its lowest setting so the gun is hidden except for the grip. I tried tucking a shirt over it, or wearing a shirt untucked which covered it. Either was comfortable to me but I preferred the untucked shirt for easier access. Still waiting to receive my CCW license but will be anxious to try this out when I do.

Both IWB and OWB each fit their respective guns like a glove and the shells are interchangeable so that you can change what you're carrying whenever you want, and, they offer free trades on the shell for life. Not a bad guarantee!