The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 5, 2014, 12:01 AM   #1
JeanClaudeSegal

Homeland Security Gun Safe Review vs Sturdy Gun Safe vs Vault Pro USA vs Fort Knox.

Hi everyone ..I recently made a big purchase on a gun safe that I had custom built to my specifications..I did a price comparison vs the competition for what you are getting..this might help a few people who are shopping around for a new gun safe..please check the youtube video below.Tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW_zpqyPJ4o

Here is a list of everything that is included..when you custom build it

1/4" steel plate wrapped in 10 gauge steel door

4 Gauge solid steel body measures almost 1/4" of steel

18 1 1/2" steel locking bolts from top to bottom and all sides

2" Double step door system with Anti Pry door tabs

1800 degree fireproofing for 60min

Electronic Lock

Gold 5 spoke door handle with gold pin striping

6 level adjustable shelving with additional gun shelf rack

4 1/2" bolt down holes

Department of Justice Approved

High Gloss 2 Tone black exterior finish with Smooth Grey felt interior finish

1" hardened steel plate infront of locking mechanism

shear off handle

spring loaded relocking system incase someone tries to punch out the lock

Made In USA

Old March 5, 2014, 01:49 PM   #2
Skans

I can tell you that I like the specifications of your custom safe. Although I really have no desire for fireproofing (I'd rather just have the extra space in my safe), the 1/4" steel body and door design is exactly what I want. Do you mind telling us what this cost delivered?

I would want one almost like the one you designed, less the fireproofing and with a mechanical lock over the electronic one. I know, everyone is going to think I'm crazy not to want fireproofing - but, believe me, I just don't need it based on the construction of my house and location of the safe.
Old March 5, 2014, 04:11 PM   #3
jaguarxk120

What Skans said: mechanical lock!
Old March 6, 2014, 12:41 AM   #4
JeanClaudeSegal

Hello

Thanx for looking and commenting..you have many lock options to choose from where they can install both electronic and mechanical altogether..or you can get the new securam lock that has both mechanical and digital in one..here is a pic below..The price i paid is a around $2200 delivered but of course that can vary depending on your zipcode where you live..if you decide to go with a mechanical lock and also removing the fireproofing it might be a little cheaper..here is there telephone number.ask to speak with the same guy that helped me his name is peter.. (562)699-8554..remember you can custom build this safe ..you can add and remove things that you dont want..that could help you play around with the price
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dial.jpg (19.6 KB, 26 views)
Old March 6, 2014, 08:07 AM   #5
Skans

Thanks for the information. The price is a bit out of the range from what I am looking for. I want a larger, bare-bones 1/4" steel body and door with S&G mechanical lock - no fancy finish for just under $1,500 delivered. Perhaps if I build out my own interior (which is what I did to my current safe), I might be able to find something like that.