The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 21, 2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Texshooter

I have no way of knowing if it is related

to the so-called "defeat" of the feinstein bills (by the way, today, uncle Joe stuck his big mouth back into the issue), but today at my local self defense emporium FOUR pallats of ammo arrived (still no 9 ) and at least 10 AR's, and about 50 to 60 pistols of various makes, models, calibers

Hope it is a sign of things to come. They seem to have tapped into some new ammo sources.
Old March 21, 2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Joe_Pike

I stopped by a LGS today and , sadly, just more of the same here - a vast wasteland. They did have 50 round boxes of Fiocchi 9mm for $26.99 a box.
Old March 30, 2013, 03:21 AM   #3
Redhawk5.5+P+

Those were the good old day's!

Quote:
I stopped by a LGS today and , sadly, just more of the same here - a vast wasteland. They did have 50 round boxes of Fiocchi 9mm for $26.99 a box.
Old March 30, 2013, 03:26 AM   #4
Redhawk5.5+P+

Thank God I stocked up. LOL
Old March 30, 2013, 09:48 AM   #5
buck460XVR

Quote:
Hope it is a sign of things to come. They seem to have tapped into some new ammo sources.
This frenzy/shortage is no different than the one 4-5 years ago. Created by unfounded fear and further fueled by internet and media rumors and hype. Sentiment created by the horror of the Newtown shootings deepened it. It's a matter of temporary demand far exceeding immediate supply. Production is catching up, now logistics and distribution is a factor. Like last time, prices will go down but are not going to be what they were before. The gougers will be gone, but like last time, I suspect that overall you will see a 10-20% increase across the board.
Old March 30, 2013, 12:18 PM   #6
FrankenMauser

Quote:
I remember paying $8.33 (total) to my door.
That made me giggle.
I have some boxes in my reloading room, from some old Blazer Aluminum .380 Auto, with price tags of $4.95. When my father bought that ammo, he was screaming like an angry badger about how ridiculous that price was ...because it was almost twice as much as 9mm, and not reloadable (but still the cheapest .380 ammo by quite a bit).

But, the past is the past. We can talk about the 'good old days' forever, but it won't bring prices down.

The one thing I really miss.... surplus 7.62x39mm. If I could still get surplus cases for $59 / 1120 rounds, I never would have sold my SKS. (The guy I sold it to made a tidy profit on the rifle a few months ago, though. )