The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Closed Thread

Old March 17, 2014, 06:50 AM   #51
taylorce1

Yes you can buy something uninformed, but with the technology at our fingertips why would anyone do it. Most people carry a portable computer in their pocket and they can get information almost instantly. Most people who make a major purchase at least do a little online research, and I'd consider most firearms a major purchase.

I'm not saying the OP is to blame, I'm just saying the OP thought Wal-Mart had made a mistake. He was going to take advantage of it, I've done it and who in their right mind wouldn't. However, if things seem too good you need to do a little research. It could have been done right there in the store without the chance of anyone else beating the OP to the deal if it had been an Accustock.

It wouldn't be false advertising, this more than likely would fall under "bait and switch" if one were to peruse it in court. However unless Wal-Mart was putting an Accustock sticker on all there Savage Trophy Hunters this would be almost impossible to prove it was anything other than a mistake. A sticker is just a sticker that's all it is, what matters is on the SKU, original receipt, original box and the federal paperwork. If anyone of the these has the words Accustock in the description of what was sold to the OP then Wal-Mart would be liable for it. Judging by the haphazard way the sticker was put on in the OP's pictures my bet is one came off a rifle somewhere and someone put it on the first Savage rifle they found weather it be Wal-Mart or someone at Savage.
Old March 17, 2014, 09:05 AM   #52
smee78

Guruatbol,

"Because the purchase is a firearm walmart can not per policy or maybe even some strange ordinance. This store can not have you bring a gun into the store, it would freak everyone out."

This is BS, they sell guns so they should stand behind the items they sell. Your dont know if its walmart or an ordinance so to me that sounds like your just guessing. The real reason Walmart wont take guns back is they dont want to deal with the additional paperwork and then have a "used" gun to sell or deal with, most of the people that work there are not gun people, just normal paid employees working in the sporting goods section. No more informed than the people working at the register in the front on the store.

Also I never said I payed more for a gun at a local store, you put that part in, not me. OMG that man has a gun in a box and walked to the retun area in front of the store AAAAAA! You dont need to be a mouth piece for Walmart and scared sheeple everywhere.

To the OP, you should be mad that you bought a gun that was mislabled, by not getting mad you are just part of the heard. Saying you will just keep it and be happy is verry strange. That is like going to the dealership to buy a car and once everythng is paid for and the paperwork is done they bring out your new Pinto when you ordered a new truck and you saying your ok with that. It was not what you thought you were getting. I bought a Ruger 10/22 many years ago from Walmart and after the "Walk of Shame" (that is where they dont even let you carry/hold your own gun out of the store and make you leave with out doing any other shopping, just directly from the sporting goods dept out the door to your truck) I decided never to buy a gun there again.

I'm done with this, good luck to the OP.
Old March 17, 2014, 09:16 AM   #53
Hunter Customs

Quote:
I will say that this is another reason why I choose to purchase my guns from my local gun store, a place that will stand by what they sell and will not tell me to take it up with the maker of the gun if something is wrong.
smee78, you are wise, there's still some of us that believe in service after the sell.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com
Old March 17, 2014, 10:17 AM   #54
jersurf101

Kilo,

Your model 11 vt looks just like mine, checkering, barrel nut, and stock. I bought mine packaged with the Nikon prostaff 3-9. She is a good shooter(.308 win) and averages around mos with 168 gr and up projectiles. The gun loves 190 gr Berger vld's. It doesn't appear from the pictures that WalMart is selling a different savage 11 vt.

I sure do hope Wally world or savage make it right for you. The standard Tupperware stock is the worst thing on the rifle.
Old March 17, 2014, 10:23 AM   #55
kilotanker22

in the event that nothing can be done for me the only thing i do by being angry about it and throwing myself is prove how much of an as!@#%$ i am.

i will be happy with that rifle although disapointed but seems as though you are more upset than i am.

To the OP, you should be mad that you bought a gun that was mislabled, by not getting mad you are just part of the heard.

see i believe in something a bit different. sure i am dissapointed but to be angry just breeds negativity and thats no good. realistically even though i have contacted savage and walmart i am sure i may never even hear back from the and to be a thorn in their side over something that is not really that big a deal would be rude.

now i am very dissapointed and will likely never buy from walmart again and depending on what savage says maybe i will just stick with the other american gun makers from now on. see if there is nothing that savage or walmart can do to remedy this then they both lose my business.

thanks to everyone that has replied and tried to help.
Old March 17, 2014, 10:48 AM   #56
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Looks like this legitimate gripe has had a sufficient amount of harumphing.
Closed Thread