The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 21, 2010, 03:08 PM   #1
panchoboots

F-1 Master Chrony

Yesterday, I received a new chrony bought new on ebay. I read the manual before assembling and putting into action very carefuly. I set it up just below waist high. I'm back about 3 feet, and shot my load through the screens and it said error. I thought I was too far away so I got closer and it said error again. After that I was down to a dribble. Im going to try again later today. Any one know the cause of this.
Old December 21, 2010, 03:34 PM   #2
4runnerman

First was sun out?.If not.Do not use the rods and sunshades.Also if chroney is not straight in line with target you will get that error. If bullet is to high in passing over it you will get that error. Chroney should be no more than 10 feet away from you (can be farther) but no need to. These were issues i had with mine when i first got it. The book also gives you a break down of what eeror code you got and the problem.
Old December 21, 2010, 03:54 PM   #3
RickB

Any issues that I've had with my Chrony were a result of uneven lighting. I've never used diffusors, but always use the rods as an aiming reference, since I can't see the chrony itself when shooting over it.
Old December 21, 2010, 04:30 PM   #4
steveno

3 feet is too close for just about any round other than maybe 22 long rifle. I use an Oehler 33 and 7 or 8 feet works just fine for handgun rounds.
Old December 21, 2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Mal H
Staff

What steveno just said. 3 feet is too close. Even if there is another problem such as poor lighting, you should back up several feet, not get closer.
Old December 24, 2010, 09:41 PM   #6
RalphS

if you get "ERR 1", it means that the first sensor didn't get a reading. If you get "ERR 2" it means that the second sensor didn't get a reading. As stated above, it's usually a problem with lighting.

If you want to try it out at home and get used to the functions, set it under a good ceiling light and shoot some rubber bands through it.

Tags
chrony , error , f-1 , load , velocity