The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 7, 2007, 06:10 PM   #26
Daves-got-guns

yeah i too have heard that shot has gone up 2X-3X what it used to cost. Also i'm looking at a mec grabber for $140 bucks thats within driving limit. Thanx again, and if that falls thru then i know of a nifty mec 600 jr on here that somebody will sell... have a good day!
Old January 25, 2007, 01:54 AM   #27
Daves-got-guns

so i got my mec grabber progressive loader, and it is a beautiful piece of machinery. The guy who had it before me had it for awhile and took really good care of it, but he replaced the collet and the crimp start, and idk why he changed the crimp start on it but i guess it works. I havent started puttin shells thru it yet, and its set up for win aa hulls waa12sl wads (i think, its written down but its not next to me at the mome) 18.4 grains of clays(Not totally sure but its in that ballpark) and 1 ounce of lead shot. Im still a newbie and ive read that book over time and time again and im having alittle bit of trouble configuring it between a 6 crimp shell and a 8 crimp shell so i was wondering what people here reccomend for that. Also i want to shoot a 1 1/8 ounce shot load with my "cheapo" win hulls cause i got almost a 1000 of them, but im not totally sure on what would be a good load. Any suggestions would be nice.
Old February 5, 2007, 02:01 PM   #28
FM12

For beginners, I HIGHLY reccommend the Lee LoadAll, or LoadAll II, with automatic primer feed. These work really well, and you learn the ins and outs of the reloading process. Comes with all the bushings you need, too...nothing else to buy, press-wise. I love mine. Wish now hadnt bought a 600 JR.