The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting > Bullet Casting

Old January 1, 2013, 08:19 AM   #26
m&p45acp10+1

I save the examining part for last.

So far the best ones have a little bit of frost on the nose. The groves are nice and shiny, and the base is well defined. I cast with straight clip on wheel weight alloy. I keep it between 625 and 675 degrees. I preheat the mold on a gas stove for about 10 minutes before I cast.

I tumble lube in mule snot, "aka" Lee Liquid Allox, and shoot them as cast. (drop at about .460 to .461 unlubed weight is 395 grains +/- 2 grains.) I load them with Trail Boss. They shoot better than I can milk them for with iron sights.

I may end up picking up a mold for my Mosins in a few weeks. If it is the new one great. If not I know it will still work as well as the other 4 I have.