The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 12, 2018, 05:50 PM   #1
Nunya53

Wadenmachers Tulsa Tips

I've decided to run over to Tulsa for the gun show on 7 April. I haven't been since I was a kid with my dad. I will be taking my Winchester Model 54 SN 59 to see if anyone is interested. I ran into a guy at a local show this past weekend that said upstairs was less crowded and had the "better" stuff.

Anyone have any tips? My plan is to arrive about 09:00 (leave here at 05:00) and head home at the end of the day, so it will be a whirlwind trip.

Thanks,

Nunya
Old March 12, 2018, 09:07 PM   #2
jag2

First thought, you will be exhausted so figure in a little time to rest.
It’s been a while since I went but i’m sure both levels will be excellent.
Lastly, remember these are dealers and are not going to offer anything close to what you think the gun is worth. That’s just the way it works.
Old March 13, 2018, 03:36 AM   #3
mag1911

The top floor has some wider aisles every so often making it easier to get around, relatively speaking. It's usually a zoo in there by 1000-1100 and might be especially bad this time due to recent events. You find good stuff on both floors but it's more scattered out on the bottom in my experience.

I believe the show opens to the public at 0800. Getting there at 0900 will mean parking a loooong way from the entrances. If you think your rifle is worth a lot it might be worthwhile to go the night before, pay for a room and get there early. Rooms can be hard to get close to the show.

I'd probably make a sign listing model, caliber, your low serial number and price. That will stop some of the tire kickers but not all of them.