The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 10, 2018, 11:14 AM   #1
JoeSixpack

Today on Gunbroker! Hall of Shame.

So I was on gun broker, looking at a few things I come across this pump shotun that to me looks like a hot mess.

Bidding started at 0.01 and is now at 115 and im like somehow this wreck that I wouldn't doubt came from a police evidence room attracted not one but 14 bids.

To be honest Im wondering if it's not even considered a SBS given the barrel has been chopped, seriously can anyone see a reason why this thing should fetch more than about 50 bucks (shipped!)?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/753711949

P.S Post your gunbroker hall of shame finds.
Old March 10, 2018, 11:34 AM   #2
CalmerThanYou

Rare Shockwave prototype
Old March 10, 2018, 12:25 PM   #3
dogtown tom

It's not an SBS because it has an 18.5" bbl and an OAL of more than 26".
Add a buttstock and you have a nice Winchester made shotgun.
If you don't like the 18.5" bbl then swap it out.

Such drama over nothing.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old March 10, 2018, 12:34 PM   #4
buck460XVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom View Post
It's not an SBS because it has an 18.5" bbl and an OAL of more than 26".
Add a buttstock and you have a nice Winchester made shotgun.
If you don't like the 18.5" bbl then swap it out.

Such drama over nothing.
All true, but by the time you buy a new stock and barrel, you will have more in it than a new SXP . The drama would only be why anyone butchered a decent shogun like that in the first place. For years, in states where it was legal to keep a loaded shotgun in and shoot from a vehicle(as in SD and pheasant hunting), I saw many forms of this. There was no other alternative since they weren't readily available like they are now. The finish/rust looks like it was kept under a seat............
Old March 10, 2018, 12:49 PM   #5
F. Guffey

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/te...shotgun-s8371/

I bid on and won the 'Hall of fame rifle', reloading forums had a field day. I was worried someone could take them seriously as thought they knew what they were talking about. The additional attention had no influence on the price and I won the bid for $120.00. I could not believe anyone could build a rifle that ugly without knowing what he was doing. Sure enough, I took that 'ugly' rifle to the range with 12 different loads of 10 each. When finished I decided I would apply the leaver policy to the rifle and leaver the way I founder.

For me; not a problem, the rifle got hot in a hurry so It took me most of the day to shoot all of that ammo.

F. Guffey
Old March 16, 2018, 12:43 PM   #6
kenny53

I am thinking truck gun. If it shoots and the buyer is happy all is right with the world.
Old March 17, 2018, 08:39 PM   #7
Tom Servo
Staff

Mock it all you want. My Tactical Advanced Retail Division uses them as holdout guns in case our duty pistols (custom Desert Eagles in .50 AE with EOTac reflex scopes) don't do the trick.