The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 20, 2005, 06:41 AM   #26
axslingerW

Zak I see you're point

however that guy is about twice my size! He has a little more padding too. After a day of roadmarching/range time I usually came home with a really sore shoulder. It was, however, my favorite weapon to shoot. The .50 was just TOO damn heavy.
Old May 20, 2005, 11:39 AM   #27
Zak Smith

Here's another friend of mine more normally proportioned who runs a different stage at RM3G-2004 with the M60:

http://www.alansamuel.com/movies/rm3g2004/shawn.mov
Old May 20, 2005, 01:58 PM   #28
guntotin_fool

I have shot a lot of FA stuff, my favorite was a commercial 1918 BAR Winchester, if you shorten the front hand and shoot with your left elbow sorta dug into your armpit, it is amaxing how controlable 20 round of FA 30-06 can be, same with the M-14, shorten up the left hand and it it rocks, too many people try to hold it with the left arm extended and then you take away the weight of the barrel helping you. I was able to just cover a Five gallon bucket with both guns at one hundred yards.

Ifi had the money, my choice would be a suppressed mini UZI not a micro the mini, cheaper to feed and easier on the shoulder after a day of blasting. A civilian legal M-14 or FAL would be fun too
Old July 14, 2005, 10:48 PM   #29
Nanuk

Those are interesting vids, but that is NOT the 60 I carried. I had a longer barrel and no verticle foregrip. It was quit a cumbersome weapon, but I shot it well.
Old July 15, 2005, 08:16 AM   #30
luchs

it si a M60A3... :barf:
Old July 16, 2005, 07:38 PM   #31
Sarge

I took a small PD out for handgun/shotgun quals last Sunday, and the Major brought along one of their Thompson M1A1's. I hadn't shot one of these in over 20 years, but it was no problem to keep 3-5 shot bursts on the head/neck of a B21FS at 25 yards.

About the only negative to the Thompson is the weight of the things. For the same load you could tote an AKM.