The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 22, 2017, 05:11 AM   #1
IMtheNRA

Kershaw Ken Onion knife warranty repair - 3 months, still no knife

I sent a Kershaw Ken Onion knife in for a simple warranty repair back in October of last year. Now, three months and two phone calls later, the knife is still not back. Lots of excuses - snow days, holidays, short handed, needs to go through QC department next, whatever...

Two thumbs down to Kershaw Ken Onion knives for poor customer service and warranty work. Yuck!
Old January 23, 2017, 10:00 AM   #2
98 220 swift

Wow I have owned a Kershaw Ken Onion knife for several years. It has been sent in at least 3 times. It always has seemed to take a while but always came back sharp and cleaned. On time it was even replaced when I broke the blade. I cant recall how long it took though. I need to send it in again(spring broke). Hope it doesn't take that long
Old January 26, 2017, 08:01 AM   #3
jersurf101

I have sent my 10" Shun chef's knife back to Kershaw twice and was surprised at how quickly I was sent a brand new knife. I cannot recall it being more than two or three weeks. I was so impressed with their customer service that is all I buy now for my work knives. It Is a shame you are having a bad experience with them. I hope you get your knife back soon. Kershaw should make it right.
Old January 26, 2017, 08:37 PM   #4
Ricklin

They come back!

I lost my Ken Onion Chive at an RV park up near the Canada border. Was setting up my coach at the same RV site I always use there about a year and a half later.
I saw a gleam of metal lying on the ground...sure enough it was my Chive.

Looked like it had been run over a couple of times, but still worked great.

Now I'm trying to find it again.........