The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 25, 2013, 08:20 PM   #1
MileHighGuy

HS Omega-400 grips

Hey everyone, this is my first post, and believe me, I tried to look around for previous threads with the same topic before I started my own.

What's going on?.... Well I recently came across an old Herbert Schmidt .22 revolver from a friend that I knew nothing about. The problem is the grip on this lil thing is completly smashed and gone (it was made of plastic). So I am needing a replacement, but I cannot find anything in my many google searche's to help aid me.

I have done some homework myself, and I am 99% sure that this is the HS Omega-400 (short barrel) made in 1964. The way you would know this for sure is to check the butt of the grip, where it should display the model/serial#... But remember, that gripp was in pieces and I couldnt get any information from it... The metal frame for the grip is still fine, I just need some new grip's to throw on it to make it whole again. And I am willing to look at plastic/wood/rubber grips.

**I discovered the year it was made by the symbol's on the side of the gun near the cylinder (you can see these symbol's but not clearly on the picture I have attached)

Thank you guys so much for reading through this, and if you have any information, or idea's I should check out, Please let me know!

-MileHighGuy (Denver is the Mile-High city)

I am attaching a photo of the EXACT HS Omega that I have with the short barrel...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Omega-400.jpg (68.7 KB, 59 views)
Old July 26, 2013, 10:43 AM   #2
MileHighGuy

Update

Btw, the serial# is also printed underneath the barrel. I thought I should add that, so that way no one mistakes what I posted and thinks there is no serial# on the revolver. It is still a legal gun.
Old July 26, 2013, 11:12 AM   #3
welshgal2001

omega 400

Morning
Nice someone with a omega revolver, as I have a omega 100 , mine takes .22 long rounds almost like rifle rounds mine was made in 64, I'm not sure if I'll be firing it much all the same
It belonged to my uncle who willed to me, I've cleaned it oiled it up but not fired it yet
Old July 26, 2013, 12:37 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

I am not sure whether what is broken is the plastic grip pieces (the part screwed onto the grip, or the grip itself. If the former, I doubt any are available, but you can probably make a set if you are any good at woodwork.

If the grip itself is broken, I doubt you could find the part and it would cost as much or more than the repaired gun would be worth, which is very close to nothing.

Jim
Old July 26, 2013, 03:42 PM   #5
MileHighGuy

Thanks for the quick response's guys! You are correct tho Jim, it's just the plastic grip that has broken, the grip frame is fine...

I have been doing a lil more looking around, and still nothing, so I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to try and make a set myself. Never been much of a woodworker though, so I will probly refrence some Youtube video's.... Ill give you guys an update if I figure anything out, thanks again for the responses!

**I'm super glad I have the .22 Long Rifle cylinder, allows me to use the same box of ammo for my lil plinker rifle and this lil guy.