The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 25, 2019, 09:14 AM   #26
TunnelRat

Again, I don't see anyone recommending you not be prepared. If you didn't get the point made or don't agree, fine, but let's move forward.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old June 30, 2019, 02:43 AM   #27
Brit

The Bad Waffle House! Going to a shoot, before my Buddy retired from a Police Force. Late on a Friday night, off the I-95. Florida, past Titusville.

Packed, all young Black teens, a lone White Cop on Pay Duty. White heavy set. We 2 older white chaps, stood out. Only table empty, covered in paper cups, overflowing printed tin ashtray. I grabbed the whole bunch, dumped it in a bin.

The Officer leaned in, picked the ashtray out, said. "These cost money you know" I looked at him, said nothing, he went outside, used his Radio.
"He is calling for back up," Said my Buddy. We left, tried again, 20 minutes later going north. Spotless Waffle house. Mixed crowd. Eat, tipped, and left.
Old July 2, 2019, 01:06 PM   #28
shurshot

On the Officer.com website, there is a bodycam of a very calm truck driver who suddenly lunges at the Officer over a traffic citation, stabbing the Officer in the neck with a screwdriver. The Officer is luckily able to draw and shoot, stopping the vicious and unprovoked attack. And people wonder why so few want to become LEO's?? LOL!!!
Old July 8, 2019, 01:16 AM   #29
Brit

The above is the cross that the Police must carry. Their job requires sometimes giving the hard word! You did this or that! And "I require to see your driving license, and proof of insurance!"

You have given permission for body, hands and feet to move, to fulfil your request, commands. Those movements can mask the producing of weapons or hostile actions.

We have all seen bodycam footage of actions erupting with that simple request.
Case in point. NOT erupting.
Working for my Son, Security Co. With a young partner, old car, surveillance, downtown Orlando. Quitting time at 6 pm. Marked Police Car, singled us out, lights and one beep of a siren.

I pulled to the curb, informed my young partner, open your window, sit quite, speak if spoken too. Place both hands on the dash.

When the female Officer arrived at my open window, the engine was off the car in park, key on dashboard hands at ten to two, on the wheel.

A little tension arrived with this Officer! She was drop dead gorgeous! Her uniform fit like it was melted on her! I looked her in the eyes "Good evening Officer" said I. "You have done this before Sir?" I use to teach it, I said.

Tension floated away, short conversation, on our way.

The name and number of the Company, plus the fact that we were armed, not passed on at roll call!