The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 5, 2001, 11:14 PM   #1
magnum_force

What are the pros and cons of owning a Benelli M4 Super 90? What is the recoil like? How much does it cost? Can civilians purchase the M4?
Old January 6, 2001, 04:03 PM   #2
krept

I *think* that the civvie version is going to have a fixed stock and reduced capacity, but don't quote me. IIRC, they will become available once the military orders are filled.
Old January 7, 2001, 09:14 PM   #3
Robe

I think it should be great. The twin cylinder gas design should be very reliable. There are actually about fifty of the M4 (like the military version) that have been sold outside the US. I was told this by a guy I have emailed with that lives in Finland and actually owns one. He also has an M1 super90 and says the M4 is every bit as good and fast, but seems to have a smoother recoil. He says the collapsing stock also is very stable and locks out firm. We can only hope something similar will be made for us civillians here in the U.S.A.
Old January 8, 2001, 12:36 AM   #4
Nalapombu

I talked to a Benelli Rep about the new gun and was told that the gun is being designed ands built for the US Military. The down side is that it will be the end of 2001 before the civilians will ever see one. Thata what I was told anyway.

Nala
Old January 9, 2001, 12:15 AM   #5
YeeDude

Here's a picture for those who aren't familiar with the gun: